• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see them dissolve almost all the time, which is what you want. And just because they conquered civilized lands doesn't make them (and more importantly) their government so now does it?
Just because their government is a 'hoard' doesn't mean their provinces should need to be 'civilized' with new settlers from a civilized land now does it?
The whole hoard system is broken.

Yes... Sending colonists to the Timurids land is just completely crazy. Its an acceptable system in the Golden Horde's case, since their lands were mostly uninhabited russian plains, but in the TImurid's case, their lands were already inhabited by millions of people

Yeah it more or less makes sense for central asia/Siberia since those areas are actually populated by nomads. But for Persia or the Middle east it's just crazy.

I think the general idea of sending colonists is not to settle the land, but to set up a fort to maintain military control of the area. While it's true that the Timurids aren't the best example for this type of situation, the other hordes fit into this model pretty well.

I think the general idea of sending colonists is not to settle the land, but to set up a fort to maintain military control of the area. While it's true that the Timurids aren't the best example for this type of situation, the other hordes fit into this model pretty well.

Well yes, it works in Russia/Siberia/ect reasonably well, though there are other problems with the hoard mechanic there (though arguably it's also due to game balance and the GH being a monster at game start).

It's still just absurd for the Timurids though.