• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

theauthor

Captain
May 13, 2017
Shorter election means more mana but longer election not only give absolutism but also keep the republic tradition high re election come less often.

I'd rather not change my reform midway so which one to pick?

Isn't the point of Republic are mana generation? I've been avoid Sortition for that reason unless i'm missing something.
Government reforms of the republics are progressing 100% faster. My primary goal is always to quickly complete government reforms and use the increased points as extra gov capacity. In such a situation, why would I give up these bonuses for monarchy points? Besides, the managers who came with sortition are not bad either.

Government reforms of the republics are progressing 100% faster. My primary goal is always to quickly complete government reforms and use the increased points as extra gov capacity. In such a situation, why would I give up these bonuses for monarchy points? Besides, the managers who came with sortition are not bad either.
In that case it was more of a priority issue. I expand a lot and that cost my goverment reform a bit so i'm not too particulary concerned until i can lower much of my region autonomy to zero, i am however in constant demand for admin and keeping ahead on miltech to match the Ottoman so right now i need MP more than GR

as mentioned previosuly, cost to reelect scales with term duration since one of the recent updates

so short term = more mana due to faster reelection, gets more skillpoints, less loss of republican tradition when the good ruler dies. additionaly, reelection gives 50 randoom mana

but there could be an edge case with some of the reforms. one of them gives republican tradition when you call diet. this also scales with term duration. with this reform, longer terms might be better, depending on how the math works out

as mentioned previosuly, cost to reelect scales with term duration since one of the recent updates
Oh so THATS why Venáil republican tradition gets absolutely WRECKED on re-election over at Anbennar, what with their 60 years term?

Oh so THATS why Venáil republican tradition gets absolutely WRECKED on re-election over at Anbennar, what with their 60 years term?
probably. dont know what abennar is

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Well I prefer shorter elections. Later in the game I switch to monarchy usually.

Short elections (2 years) basically translates into 2 MP/month if you always re-elect.
Also it works great with the government reform that gives +5% loyalty to all estates on re-elections.

Finally it is just the greatest in terms of upgrading your ruler ASAP.
As a republic your rulers are aged 30-60 or something. After reaching the age of 70 the yearly death chance is 33% so for convenience's sake I take 72 as the maximum age limit.
That means in the best case scenario your ruler is ruling for 42 years. It takes 5 election cycles to fully upgrade your ruler. In the base case that would be 20 years. With short elections it becomes 10.

So short elections give you a max of 32 years of 6/6/6 whereas long elections give you 22 years.
Now if your fresh 1/1/4 is 40 years old, then your max lifespan is only 12 years for the long elections. And that is not even accounting for premature deaths, this is just maximum lifespans.

Also if you are playing republics you either want your republican tradition to stay close to 100 OR keep it floating between 40-50. The reason is that between 40-50 there is no chance of getting a dictatorship but there is an even 'Republican Traditions Debated' that lets you trade 1 stab for 20 tradition.

Reactions:
So to add to my previous post:

Sortition can be a great combination with Italian Signoria's.
They have a base 12 year election term. So the later reform that grants you RT on diet call now gives you 6RT. That converts to 1.2 RT/y.

But where it gets really good is that the extra candidate option from it also benefits from +1/1/1 stats.
The extra candidate is aged between 30-50 instead of the 50-75 for regular sortition rulers. So that can very well net you northward of 4/4/4 rulers that will live for decades. All at the measly cost of 15 RT.

Additionally it allows royal marriages, making diplomacy easier than regular republics.

Reactions:
So to add to my previous post:

Sortition can be a great combination with Italian Signoria's.
They have a base 12 year election term. So the later reform that grants you RT on diet call now gives you 6RT. That converts to 1.2 RT/y.

But where it gets really good is that the extra candidate option from it also benefits from +1/1/1 stats.
The extra candidate is aged between 30-50 instead of the 50-75 for regular sortition rulers. So that can very well net you northward of 4/4/4 rulers that will live for decades. All at the measly cost of 15 RT.

Additionally it allows royal marriages, making diplomacy easier than regular republics.
is the relative from italian the same as thr one from political dynasties?

isnt political dynasties better due to having the +1 random stat which the italian doesn't get ?