• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mediziner

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jul 16, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
My actual idea is to bring even a bit more realism to the game by having terminal stops that can be sheduled, so busses and trams will be back in time.

Lines then will start in a depot, next, there will be a stop at the terminal point, followed by the normal stops of the route. After the last terminal Point the line will continue on the loop or return to the depot, when is isn't needed any more for the actual timetable.

What do you think about this (maybe as a DLC)?

Upvote 0
If I read this correctly, this already exists.

Depot -> Stop 1 -> Stop 2 -> Stop 3, etc -> Stop 1 -> Depot.

If you set the same stop as the first and last then it should run as a loop line.

Maybe I explained it wrong. Yes, cirle-lines do already exist. But it would be nice to have stops with additional features: a terminal-point (Endhaltestelle in German). Tram or bus waits there until it is back on shedule-time. And the additional ability to return directly to depot if vehicle is broken or simply not needed any more.

Sorry for my bad english Explanation possibilities :/

I need this.
Following features for the stations/stops would be so awesome:
Waiting time - The Bus/Train has to wait until ..... and than go on.
Getting IN/OFF / Getting OFF only / All passengers getting off
With these features we could build great terminal-points, we could synchronise our network, so for example on big stations the busses can wait for each other for a better connecting and so on.

And the additional ability to return directly to depot if vehicle is broken or simply not needed any more.
If the wear adjustment would work in the ruleset editor, then that wouldn't be so important.

.......the additional ability to return directly to depot if vehicle is broken or simply not needed any more.
A 'return to depot directly' check box in the vehicle's data window would be a profoundly useful feature!
This is a direly needed feature, enabling the return of vehicle in the event of gridlock situations, or any other time they stop for any reason, such as pedestrians rushing round in circles in front of vehicles. (Another bug that needs fixing please CO?)

A 'return to depot directly' check box in the vehicle's data window would be a profoundly useful feature!
This is a direly needed feature, enabling the return of vehicle in the event of gridlock situations, or any other time they stop for any reason, such as pedestrians rushing round in circles in front of vehicles. (Another bug that needs fixing please CO?)
Yes, this is a much needed feature, especially when vehicles leave a gridlocked area and the line ends up running with lots of vehicles running behind each other!

Not really sure this is needed. As long as you have more than one depot you can do this just by moving the vehicle from it's normal depot to another (which causes it to teleport off the route) and then moving it back to the normal depot.

Not really sure this is needed. As long as you have more than one depot you can do this just by moving the vehicle from it's normal depot to another (which causes it to teleport off the route) and then moving it back to the normal depot.
What you are describing is a rather 'clunky', time wasting workaround. I think we deserve better!