• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(No one is going to get hung)

(and no jinxing)

((If anyone's dying it's on the battlefield.

I just hope that my own character doesn't die, despite having challenged the rebels to do so. If anything my army will get decimated and I'll just surrender after an epic battle. :D))

We need two more votes for Renin for President and Juarez for Chief of Staff!

Two more votes. You can't tell me there aren't two people who either haven't voted or voted for the FNT/Liberale coalition only to now be horrified at the actions of those parties involved, in the coup and in taking so long to denounce the coup. Two people who can either vote or change their votes for Renin and Juarez, for Chile!

There is a good chance this civil war will result in the coup detat being defeated, and if that happens we will find ourselves looking very silly if we neglected the election in the final stage in order to make meaningless preparations for agitation against a dictatorship that was defeated in the cradle!

So continue campaigning, comrades I beg you. Do not fall into the trap of meaningless rhetoric. If agitation is needed, then we can do that when the time comes, making speeches about it now serves no purpose (literally, there's no point in abstaining from the electoral side of things now; either the coup will succeed and you can agitate at the start of the new term and won't be able to actually agitate before then regardless, or the coup will fail and in which case we can gain the presidency; it makes no sense to screw our campaign now just so we can agitate against a legitimately elected government once the coup is defeated. So please, go back to campaigning )

(There was some movie, a parody of murder mysteries, where one character asks if anyone was actually murdered. The response, a perfectly good weekend)

(Yeah, alot of poor Chilean soldiers will die... And your generalship of course, as you must understand, if we win)

We need two more votes for Renin for President and Juarez for Chief of Staff!

Two more votes. You can't tell me there aren't two people who either haven't voted or voted for the FNT/Liberale coalition only to now be horrified at the actions of those parties involved, in the coup and in taking so long to denounce the coup. Two people who can either vote or change their votes for Renin and Juarez, for Chile!

There is a good chance this civil war will result in the coup detat being defeated, and if that happens we will find ourselves looking very silly if we neglected the election in the final stage in order to make meaningless preparations for agitation against a dictatorship that was defeated in the cradle!

So continue campaigning, comrades I beg you. Do not fall into the trap of meaningless rhetoric. If agitation is needed, then we can do that when the time comes, making speeches about it now serves no purpose (literally, there's no point in abstaining from the electoral side of things now; either the coup will succeed and you can agitate at the start of the new term and won't be able to actually agitate before then regardless, or the coup will fail and in which case we can gain the presidency; it makes no sense to screw our campaign now just so we can agitate against a legitimately elected government once the coup is defeated. So please, go back to campaigning )
((We need to remove any votes by any of the coupist's from the election, once that happens I think Remin will be tied and I will be one vote away from tieing, but I may be wrong.))

(Unless Zepeda voted earlier, I believe TH already took all of them into account.)

(I wonder how this will work in the story. The Capital stack will be turned against itself, and assumedly this stack represents the Capital police. So while the soldiers fight their battles in Chile, what actually occurs in Santiago? )

((The reasons for agitation are those I've stated previously.))

"Comrade Guerrero speaks the truth, comrades. We must maintain our current efforts at winning this election, while also repelling against the attempts to for m an oligarchy by Andonie, and his supporters. We must remain united, while supporting both efforts."

-Comrade Armando Renin

(Here is a better question: What happens to the Pro-government Admiral? Will he just take the fleet and wonder the waves until the return of Republicanism?)

(Here is a better question: What happens to the Pro-government Admiral? Will he just take the fleet and wonder the waves until the return of Republicanism?)

((He should try to beat Magellan, if he has the time.))

((Wait, why are we all assuming the coup will succeed?))

(We probably shouldn't, but I cant help but to. As it is, half the council support the Coup, and the vast majority of the military.)

((Wait, why are we all assuming the coup will succeed?))

((AFAIK, my army and the Support Army are smaller than the Army of the North and the Army of Patagonia. The pro-government forces may be outnumbered.))

Okay, with all votes regarding the coup in I'm going to play through right now. ((You all have no idea how hard it is to actually do this...)) This play-through will likely continue into the next President's term. I'm going to temporarily assume that the current frontrunner Sérgio Gogołów will become the incumbent President of the Republic - that is not to say the election has stopped. I'll report back in once I've played through.

(hmm, so I guess the pro-government cabinet members will escape Santiago or something and set up shop somewhere, or the other way around?)

Playthrough finished. Update incoming.

(The suspense!...)

(And by the way, you probably dont get this enough, but we appreciate your devotion to your AAR!)