• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have decided to not run for President. I have had many runs at the office since the founding of our republic and feel it is time for a new generation of leaders to emerge.

Senator Francisco Rivera

Political Platform of General Cesar Carlos Roseno

Pro-Military/Jingoistic: I support the creation of several new battalions of infantry, as well as artillery, to bolster our fores for the inevitable conflict with our vulturous neighbors. I have said it in previous years, and I will say it again, we must strike first before we are caught off guard! As well, I support the establishment of a powerful naval force, giving us an edge over our traitorous neighbors.

Full Citizenship/Secularization: No one should be denied entry to the glorious Fatherland on the basis of race, nationality, or religion. We can not allow our country and its citizens to be divided along such ignorant lines! Government aid to religious organizations and tolerance of hatred acts, just propels us to intolerance! We are all Chileans, equal and united, we are strong!

Interventionism: While free trade within Chile has proven most beneficial, added government aid could prove substantially helpful in re-directing the capitalists efforts to expanding our industry, and putting poor, low class Chileans to work. I wish to turn Chile into a South American powerhouse, with an industry far exceeding that of our neighbors. A military supplied by our very own industry, would be completely free of greedy foreign influences!

I must admit that I am saddened not to hear many voices in acclaim from my fellow liberal candidates. It is time for someone not tainted by the mistakes we made when last in power. Please vote for me for the future of the party.

Senator Adonie

The Disraeli Platform for the Tradicionales:

Moralism
State Capitalism
Pro-Military
Residency
Protectionism

Economic policy of lower taxes on wealthy job creators, higher taxes on the lower orders, and business subsidies.

With our policy of State Capitalism we shall reinvigorate our industry, building factories to kick start an industrial renaissance in Chile.

So here are the candidates so far, all 7 ( >.< ) of them. There are still slots for more candidates in every party.

Liberales Candidates: ((In Opposition))
Carlos Andonie ((rudders10))

Conservadores Candidates: ((In Power))
Armando de Vasces ((OConner))
Jorge Gales ((WelshDude))

Nacionales Candidates: ((In Coalition))
Sebastián Carrow ((Seek75))
Cesar Roseno ((Red Cesar))

Tradicionales Candidates: ((In Opposition))
Antonio Disraeli ((Rogov))

Independent Candidates:
Karl Weissmüller ((yourworstnightm))

And WelshDude, it would have been different in so far as it would have effected how easily you could pass reforms and how many you could pass. The in-game composition of the upper house determines when you can vote to pass reforms. Switching to Weighted Wealth probably would have changed the composition of the upper house.

You have until tomorrow evening, 6 PM PST to keep announcing your candidacies. Keep in mind that you can also still suggest reforms.

(Also don't forget to participate in The Presidents if you've got obligations there. We're both going through the nomination cycle right now.)

Last edited:
((Carrow is running for the Nacionale parimary. Isn't he?))

My bad, and fixed. If I've misplaced or forgotten anyone else, please let me know.

Although I cannot throw in my own candidacy for the time being, I show myself sympathetic to anyone committed to the liberal cause. So far, Weissmüller's platform is good for these ends, and I'm very interested in hearing the ideas of Carlos Andonie in more detail, since he's from my party.

- P. G. Subercaseaux, editor of "Aurora de Chile"

Senator Andonie Political Platform

Free trade is the key pillar for myseld and the way to economic freedom and indepemdence for Chile. I am completly against any for of protection and decry inept intervention in the economy by politicians who think they know better than the captains of industry who are already moving Chile forward.

I believe that there must be liberty for all and was disapointed in the recent vote for Weighted Wealth voting. I would recampaign on this issue and go further to say that we need to extend the vote as far as possible. We should also try and promote immigration as this can only make our country stronger and bring new ideas to our shores.

Just as there should be no government intervention in the economy so we should keep religion out of our business. I am proudly Catholic and support my religion but the state has no place promoting or restriciting any religion. I was delighted with the earlier vote on the Darwin Bill and my vote shows my beliefs there.

I come from a strong military background and will always support our brave soldiers. Chile should always seek expansion but always at a pace that suits the country and not self serving generals looking to further their career.

Senator Andonie

Why vote for Weissmüller:

We have four parties competing for power, all with their own little brand of ideology. So why should a vote be wasted on an independent candidate?

A vote on Weissmüller is a vote for more cooperation between the parties. A Cabinet consisting of the best people for their posts, regardless of political color. A more unified Chile, where the divisions created by the Zapeda coup attempt finally will be forgotten. A Chile of freedom, democracy and national unity.

Weissmüller stand for:
Free Trade
Interventionism
Full Citizenship
Pluralism
Jingoism

We're not voting yet, folks. Save it until this evening.

Until then, we're still open for declarations of candidacy.

I formally declare my support for Senator Adonie; his views match my own, and since I do not wish to become the 'image of the party' (since I've been de facto party leader since 1845), I feel supporting a noble and youthful force will be good for the Partido Liberal.

Also Senor Subercaseaux, perhaps when my Mayoral term comes to a close I could find employment at the Aurora de Chile; I have a great deal of respect for the press, and would very much like to be able to fight for Chilean freedom through words, rather than bayonets and cannon; unless of course, our future presidente (Adonie, hopefully, but Weismueller is not out of step with my views) should choose to grant me a position in government.

Why vote for Weissmüller:

We have four parties competing for power, all with their own little brand of ideology. So why should a vote be wasted on an independent candidate?

A vote on Weissmüller is a vote for more cooperation between the parties. A Cabinet consisting of the best people for their posts, regardless of political color. A more unified Chile, where the divisions created by the Zapeda coup attempt finally will be forgotten. A Chile of freedom, democracy and national unity.

Weissmüller stand for:
Free Trade
Interventionism
Full Citizenship
Pluralism
Jingoism

Please, run for the liberales. I invite you to use our ticket (as voting is by party). I can't agree more with your idea of cooperating between parties and national unity presiding over individual greed and ambition. I was going to run for myself until I discovered you have the potential to be El presidente. I support you.

Otherwise, I support the actual liberal candidate Senator Andonie, who actively fights against tariffs and protectionism, a well known concept from absolutist monarchies and dictatorial countries, and a known peril to our trade guilds and companies.

Last edited:
((We can actually have an Independent run, so long as he gets at least 4 votes once we start voting for our individual party's nominees.))

Not... really...

Independent Candidates run on the same system as the Zepeda candidacy in 1841. They need to secure a coalition (which must include at least four votes) in order to exist on the final Presidential ticket.

Please, run for the liberales. I invite you to use our ticket (as voting is by party). I can't agree more with your idea of cooperating between parties and national unity presiding over individual greed and ambition. I was going to run for myself until I discovered you have the potential to be El presidente. I support you.

Otherwise, I support the actual liberal candidate Senator Andonie, who actively fights against tariffs and protectionism, a well known concept from absolutist monarchies and dictatorial countries, and a known peril to our trade guilds and companies.

On the contrary, I invite the Liberales to take the brave step and nominate and independent candidate for the presidency. An independent president can form a Cabinet based on competence instead of party membership. An independent president can make sure the government jobs and the high military positions are given to the most competent people, regardless of political and ideological loyalties. That's why I invite all parties to nominate Karl Weissmüller as their Candidate.

((Oh... I thought it was the same way as the formation of the Monarchists Party and their first election, they needed 4 votes to be put on the ballot.))

Well, as always, a party needs four votes to be on the final ballot in the Presidential election, but the independent candidates have the added and considerable burden of having to secure a coalition.