• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, unfortunately, I end up playing about 200 years ahead in order to get enough of a feel for the game that I could actually write a good historical narrative. I discovered two things:

1) The difficulty level of the game I set (normal) was way too low. At the current day I basically have no challenges left in the game (except maybe France), and have tons of easy (holy war) territory to capture
2) The aggressiveness I set is way too high. The AI is way too willing to continue on with wars when at high levels of war weariness and low stability levels, which feeds into making the game a bit too easy as noted in 1).

As such I am pretty sure I am going to throw in the towel here rather than write an incomplete AAR or eventually boring AAR. I do want to do an AAR, and I will do one at some point in the future, but it is going to be after I have complete a game and found said game's narrative arc to be interesting enough to tell in a story. So when that happens I will start a new one.

Thank you for the interest shown in the little bit I wrote.

A pity that you'll stop.

... and best wishes for both your future AAR-project and for finding the "optimal" settings.

Yours,
AdL

Last edited: