• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chrism2012

Colonel
20 Badges
Jan 25, 2010
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Divine Wind
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities in Motion
Well, I also have this extreme screen flickering when playing Deus Vult; no posting related to this topic could give any help so far (rename avi folder, quit programs, services, 16bit depth etc.).

This is my first Paradox game where the issue occurs; since AoD also had it in the first versions I wonder what they changed in the patches.

Maybe its my ATI card...

Currently I can't play the game, too bad.

This happens to me occasionally but it goes away if I shut down and restart the game (or maybe shut down and restart the computer).

I don't run it on any fancy settings, invariably have a number of other programs running, have no idea what causes it and do not recall seeing any posts about it.

By the way. I recommend installing the latest patch. It has considerably reduced the crashes I have had.

I hope you get a fix for this (or it goes away) - this is a fun game to play.

Many thanks for the info, Winchester.

I think it was Ant Imperium where the same flickering occured; unfortunately, I couldn't do anything about it and had to store it away...

Last edited:
EDIT Nov 2011: After re-installing the game again and looking for the possible cause of that flickering I finally found the reason for it: "Speedfan" which shows the current CPU temperature runs as a background program and therfor uses an icon on the taskbar. After closing it the flickering went away, so as some have already posted in here it is indeed related to some background services... :)

FYI, Steam was causing this with its taskbar icon as well... as soon as I eliminated that, it pretty much stopped.