• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eddieballgame

Corporal
20 Badges
Nov 30, 2004
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Have recently discovered this fine program. After experiencing multiplay, I feel this game lends itself, very nicely, to a "game of the month" type format.
Basically, one competes vs his "friends" via a "saved game" file. A few of my friends & I have tried this with other turn based games with some pleasure. The key is determining the winning conditions. For example a...score after a certain number of turns. example: the Civ series.

This game, however, gives no "score" during the game, thus forcing us to come up with a reasonable formula for determining a winner. ( short of actually using the in game "victory conditions" ). This type of gaming works well as a competition type format.

A crude example for a formula might look like this: Total # of Units x levels for a military rating, combined with an eco rating that might look like this:
( Gold income x Mana income ) x Population ( using food seems a bit much/redundant ).

Also, for a Mage Score...something like --- ( 1 pt per tier for Wizardry/Sorcery/Divine ) x Research pts.
example: 1st tier of spells are worth 1 pt., 2nd tier is worth 2, & so fourth.

Anyways, thoughts would be welcomed in particular if anyone would have some idea on how to mod this in, would be great. :)
I have fiddled with the Editor, & it looks really good...but I must read up on it.

Last edited: