• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I appear unable to save a game has anyone experienced this before and how if at all did they manage to fix it?

Windows Vista or newer and you installed the game in C:\Programs...?

The game expects to have write permissions in the directory where it is installed. This is true by default for Windows XP and earlier, but not for Windows Vista and 7.
To solve this, right click on the properties of the executable, click on the compatibility tab and select "Run as Administrator".
Important: this is not required if the game is not installed in the default C:\Program Files. Install in in C:\Games; anything outside of Program Files should do.

Remember to register your game of East India Company under "MyGames" for the icon under your avatar.

I am running windows 7, this is a new fault that has only recently started previously the game played without issue, the game is installed in a drive specifically used for steam rather than in C:\programmes. But will try running as admin to see if it makes a difference.

I am running windows 7, this is a new fault that has only recently started previously the game played without issue, the game is installed in a drive specifically used for steam rather than in C:\programmes. But will try running as admin to see if it makes a difference.

As you have posted a similar problem with Conquest of the Americas perhaps it´s not a problem of the game but of Steam?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=680

Edit:
Perhaps describe your problem in the tech support subforum:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?429-EiC-Tech-Support

Last edited:
seems now Victoria II is also refusing to save more evidence that this is Paradox related and not a steam issue as other games from other companies are saving perfectly fine.Anyone have an ideas on this one?

Game freeze

Every time I try to restart a saved game, all units are frozen. The background scenery is in motion and I can move from fleet to fleet, but I cannot do anything with them.

Every time I try to restart a saved game, all units are frozen. The background scenery is in motion and I can move from fleet to fleet, but I cannot do anything with them.

Is the gamespeed set to 0?