• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rythin

General
44 Badges
Apr 18, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Semper Fi
  • The Showdown Effect
Hi.
I was thinking about countries that could revolt away and grand independence. I have found those so far --

1. Basque (Spain),
2. Silesia (Poland),
3. Chechnya (Russia),

Riight, many of them :D Any ideas?

Stay tuned.

Rythin said:
Hi.
I was thinking about countries that could revolt away and grand independence. I have found those so far --

1. Basque (Spain),
2. Silesia (Poland),
3. Chechnya (Russia),

Riight, many of them :D Any ideas?

Stay tuned.

Let me add:

Napoli (southern Italy)
Bretagne
Flanders
Wallony
Wales
Scotland
Lappland ( northern Scandinavia)
Greenland
Quebec

Perhaps Eastern Germany

Transdneistria... may be hard to implement, but they are to reconned with. (Moldova)
Tibet and Sianking (north of Tibet). (China)
I still want the CSA and California as revolters, even if some people might not agree with me. (USA)
Catalunya. (Spain)
Northern Italy. (Italy) See below...
Sicily. (Italy) Again, see below
Western Sahara (Morocco)
Palestine (Israel)
Kashmir (India/Pakistan)
East Timor (Indonesia)
Taiwan (China) Not sure if they are to be revolters or not... but they begin in game (as do some other revolters from my list).
And then there is Africa, which I haven't the energy to actually write down all possible revolters from.

Let me add:

Napoli (southern Italy)
Bretagne
Flanders
Wallony
Wales
Scotland
Lappland ( northern Scandinavia)
Greenland
Quebec

Perhaps Eastern Germany

Napoli doesn't have much of an independence movement AFAIK, but northern Italy has one. Can't remember its name though. Sicily has one too, I believe.
Bretagne, Flanders and Wallony are possibilities, surely.
Wales, I find hard to see as a revolter, since they have been under English control for so long.
Scotland... perhaps.
Lappland, absolutely not, unless you are thinking of a purely sami-controlled country, in which case it should be northern Sweden, Norway, Finland and the Kola peninsula in Russia.
Greenland: possible, but I think Greenland should be a vassal of Denmark when the game starts anyway.
Quebec is both yes and no. It could happen, but there'd have to be some kind of event to trigger it, like the Canadian government making laws against speaking french or something (bad example, but still, you catch my drift).
Eastern Germany is a big no, IMHO.

And yes, Kurdistan from above.

1. Basque (Spain),
2. Silesia (Poland),
3. Chechnya (Russia),

Indeed. Those are quite possible, but Silesia covers more than just Poland, and Basque also has claims on Bearn (France province).

And don't forgot North Ossetia!

Hi.

Abkhazia is a possibility. And I think Northern Ireland is a big nono as Ulster feels quite good with UK.

We have thirty free tags. Applying all those funny countries like Fourth Reich, Scandinavia, Charlemagne, West Coast of tha Free Led0rz :)D :D :D :rofl: :D), I think we can choose fifteen top top revolters. Maybe that number will increase with time.

Basque
Silesia
Chechnya
Abkhazia,
Kashmir,
Palestine,
East Timor,
Sicily,
Kurdistan,
Texas,
Wallony,
Flanders,
Bretagne,
Quebec,

Any objections/further ideas?

There are some indepedentcy movements in Normandy and Alsace (and Provance too I think). They don't have much support, but who knows what the future might hold? ;)

Oh, and Corsica might be a nice one too...

I disagree on Texas though. I think it should be either Californa or the CSA instead.

And today there are two "revolters" that have been freed: East Timor and West Sahara (not officially though). Those two should be in the game, since they are IRL revolters.

Ulster should, if they revolt, become Irish (Victory for the IRA event ^^)

Rythin said:
Hi.

Abkhazia is a possibility. And I think Northern Ireland is a big nono as Ulster feels quite good with UK.

We have thirty free tags. Applying all those funny countries like Fourth Reich, Scandinavia, Charlemagne, West Coast of tha Free Led0rz :)D :D :D :rofl: :D), I think we can choose fifteen top top revolters. Maybe that number will increase with time.

Any objections/further ideas?

Come on, we got more free tags than that, maybe you should include the new tags from 1.08 too

IMHO the only US state that I could see having any chance of pulling out is Alaska.

you mean having a chance at winning a war with the us? what would give you that idea? distance doesn't mean much to the us army, look at our last...look at all our wars since 1865.

-Matt

LordScod said:
IMHO the only US state that I could see having any chance of pulling out is Alaska.

It is still like 20-30 years into the future and then, the whole thing might look very, very different in the US.

About tags: I have an idea for a india-pakistan war and I need to take three tags for a fractured India.
This is not a problem now, but might be later.

You have been warned.

Possible.......

Tibet (China)
Manchuria (China)
South Vietnam (Vietnam)
Prussia (Russia, Poland) (around the Kaliningrad Area)
Quebec (Canada)
Aceh (Indonesia)
Cantabria, Gallicia (Spain) i think there's a bit of a seperatist movement around there but i'm not sure...... (It may be the same as the basque)
Tamil (Sri Lanka)
Irian Jaya (Indonesia) (Western half of Papua New Guinea)
Mindanao (Phillipines)

Since this Mod is almost death I guess, much of this isn't really needed :(

The only way to restart this mod would be to bgin with a new map...