• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 3, 2009
In a middle of fierce air combat one of my F-35s has spammed Sukhoi with a lot of AMRAAMs firing them one after another like a machine gun.
After first missiles have killed their target others simply turned 90 degrees and engaged another!
Wow, THAT is an advanced guidance tech! :)

In fact I'am not sure if it is an issue. AFAIK midair retargetting is actually implemented on Russian R-33 and R-37 long range missiles (without ability to turn 90 degrees without loosing energy ;) ). So, maybe in 2030 all AAMs are so advanced that they can seek for new target.

BTW, is there MiG-31 in the game? ;)
I'am haven't got too far yet.

Hello,

As it is now, in the game all missiles can retarget. We have on good authority that Amraams can't do that, but I am not sure this capability will not be added by 2030.

No Mig-31, alas. It is probably a bit too old for a game taking place in 2030, even though it is a very fine aircraft. Of Russian fighters we have MiG-29K,
Su-27SM, Su-35, Sukhoi T-50A and Sukhoi T-50K. Pretty badass :)

No Mig-31, alas. It is probably a bit too old for a game taking place in 2030, even though it is a very fine aircraft. Of Russian fighters we have MiG-29K, Su-27SM, Su-35, Sukhoi T-50A and Sukhoi T-50K. Pretty badass :)
In fact I'am pretty sure that in 2030 there will be some MiG-31s around. They stopped production but whole fleet of Foxhounds is now being upgraded to MiG-31BM standard with complete airframe overhaul and equipment upgrade. There still approx 250 of them active. Considering different budget cuts and other loses a hunded or so BMs might live to 2030 :)

Anyway, may be I'll make an addon later when game matures a bit :)

Last edited: