• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(22430)

Psychonaut
Nov 22, 2003
www.facebook.com
I already posted this in the other forum but this is the former Age of Nationalism thread

Does anyone have the files for the old mod Age of Nationalism? I would like to work on it and make it compatable with 1.09 and possibly resurect it.

Any help would be appreciated in recovering the files

Mezzo

Relax. I remember the good 'ole days of Styrbiorn and VultureGFF. I spent all of the summer of 2002 on this mod. :cool:

I have the files but am unable to supply them right now (someone else could probably give them to you by the time I can) but I can tell you what needs to be worked on. There are pretty much no events before 1419, for one, and it is literally impossible to make the American civil war go as it historically did.

And, the difference between my version and Jayavarayman's version is that mine is already 1.09 compatible.

really? well when you can can you pm me and ill pm you my email so you can send me the files?

thats fine, no rush

orimazd said:
I have the files but am unable to supply them right now (someone else could probably give them to you by the time I can) but I can tell you what needs to be worked on. There are pretty much no events before 1419, for one, and it is literally impossible to make the American civil war go as it historically did.

And, the difference between my version and Jayavarayman's version is that mine is already 1.09 compatible.
Woh. You are already made a 1.09 compatible version?

Also, the mod runs from 1820-1914, so of course there are no event before 1419. :confused:

orimazd said:
I think the mod I am playing must be AoI, then.
Yes. That is Hive's and it begins in the 1300s IIRC.

I'm currently trying to source the most up to date files we had before we gave up (with the release of Victoria: An Empire Under The Sun). I lost mine with a PC failure :( . When I get them I will host them for you if I can.

Kevyinus said:
I'm currently trying to source the most up to date files we had before we gave up (with the release of Victoria: An Empire Under The Sun). I lost mine with a PC failure :( . When I get them I will host them for you if I can.
ok thats cool, disregard my pm i sent you then

I have been waiting for this. :p

Tried to download AoN in all (broken) links that were posted in other thread with no sucess. I even PMed Kevy to gimme the files. It seems that even one of the creators (or modders) didnt even have the files. :p

In other words... Get your ass back to work! It is so bad to see a mod dying... :(

BurningEGO said:
I have been waiting for this. :p

Tried to download AoN in all (broken) links that were posted in other thread with no sucess. I even PMed Kevy to gimme the files. It seems that even one of the creators (or modders) didnt even have the files. :p

In other words... Get your ass back to work! It is so bad to see a mod dying... :(
I hosted a new link.

Downloading. :) *dances*

Eh, i just installed the mod. It always gives me an error about ID's. Any tips?

BurningEGO said:
You will have to wait for Mezzo to make it compatible with 1.09 I guess. ;)

BurningEGO said:
I had that same error and I found that two wars shared the same id and were duplicates. I removed them. The game loads slightly into the loading scenarios part then without error it CTDs. I have changed sometings in accordance to 1.09 but my major priority is finding the cause of the CTD. I'll keep you guys posted

Yes, i have been trying to see the reason for the CTD as well. Deleted everything save for the events and the CoTs (and the global date of course), and the game stil CTDs.

I think it is in the 1820 file or one of the country files. Which will be a mess to find