• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sovetskysoyuz

Username is not an endorsement of Russia/the USSR
106 Badges
Jun 12, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Sengoku
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Knights of Honor
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
The situation:

I am Japan, 1920's. I am highly industrialized and control most of the world's supply of Rubber, with Spain and the Netherlands (both in my sphere) controlling most of the rest.

For about twenty years, I had enough rubber to build all the Electric Gear, Automobiles, and eventually Barrels and Airplanes that I could want. But then Spain began producing Airplanes and Automobiles, and started diverting some of its Rubber to its own factories (Looking at the Foreign Investment tab of the Production screen, I only get first dibs on 50% of Spain's resource production). So I now have a shortage of Rubber.

I have a large (18 levels) Electric Gear factory in Kanto. It supplies most of the world's demand for this resource. It also consumes all of the rubber that is available to me, leaving none for the other Rubber-consuming factories.

Problems:
  1. I can't tell the capitalists to stop upgrading the Electric Gear factory (so that it won't eat up any extra Rubber that I can obtain). All I can do is periodically cancel the upgrading, but this still causes my capis to waste a huge amount of money.
  2. I can't tell the game that Rubber should first go to the Barrel, Airplane, and Automobile factories, with the balance going to the Electric Gear. I know that the Factory Priority buttons claim to allow this, but it doesn't work (a Barrel factory is also in Kanto and continues to not receive any rubber) and won't work across states anyway

I suggest that both of these features should be available for non-Laissez Faire governments.