• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fixmypcmike

Sergeant
6 Badges
Nov 14, 2010
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
I find that sometimes the choice to spend 200 ducats for a 100 investment in stability is not available even though it's been more than a year since the last time, but I haven't figured out what missing requirement is.

I find that sometimes the choice to spend 200 ducats for a 100 investment in stability is not available even though it's been more than a year since the last time, but I haven't figured out what missing requirement is.
There shouldn't be any non-obvious requirement. If you have 200+ ducats, it's been at least 12 months since your last boost, and you're not at +3 stability, it should be possible to boost. Perhaps the treasury window needs to be closed and reopened?

It's not a big deal, as it doesn't happen early in the game when 100 is a significant amount, but here's a save game in which it happens, if you have any ideas. Not a priority.

Attachments

• Portugal_15941203 stabil 2 - no boost option.zip
    856,9 KB · Views: 0
It's not a big deal, as it doesn't happen early in the game when 100 is a significant amount, but here's a save game in which it happens, if you have any ideas. Not a priority.
Thanks for the save. Your country's technology is an interesting read:
Code:
technology = {
    land = { date = { day = 0 month = january year = 0 } level = 24 value = 16281.8311 }
    naval = { date = { day = 0 month = january year = 0 } level = 22 value = 10972.9531 }
    stability = { date = { day = 20 month = october year = 1602 } level = 2 value = 720.2905 }
    trade = { date = { day = 0 month = january year = 0 } level = 7 value = 66913.0000 }
    infra = { date = { day = 0 month = january year = 0 } level = 7 value = 57383.0000 }
    group = "latin"
}
You won't be able to invest in stability again until October 1602, indicating that the game believes you last invested in 1601. Yet your save is from 1594.

You said it does not always happen, and this is an unmodified game? If so, we need to move this discussion to the bug forum.

Thanks to your note, I checked some older saves and happened to have two saves from the same game day, notably 10 years before the bogus date, showing when the bug occurred. It happened when I changed my country religion from CRC to Catholic. So I saved my current game, then changed religion from Catholic to CRC, and the stability date changed to 10 years from the current date. So the question is whether this happens in the vanilla game or only in my modded game.

Thanks to your note, I checked some older saves and happened to have two saves from the same game day, notably 10 years before the bogus date, showing when the bug occurred. It happened when I changed my country religion from CRC to Catholic. So I saved my current game, then changed religion from Catholic to CRC, and the stability date changed to 10 years from the current date. So the question is whether this happens in the vanilla game or only in my modded game.
Thank you, I had forgotten the requirement of not having converted in the last 10 years. That is hardcoded. However, I do think this penalty shouldn't apply to Catholic<->CRC changes, so I will remove it for such conversions in the next beta patch.