• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

grandsteed

Les catholiques de la contre-réforme
Aug 15, 2019
I am trying to understand the circumstances under which it is possible to remove a province from the HRE, as it seems nearly impossible. The only surefire way I have found is that a Muslim country automatically removes any HRE land it takes from the Empire. However I feel like I remember France being able to do the same thing. I haven't played as them in some time, but in my games the French AI never takes the provinces out of the Empire. In fact, in multiple of the scenario start dates they are already controlling fiefs in the Empire.

As an extension of the above, I feel like I remember seeing the Netherlands/Switzerland/Italy leave the HRE throughout the game, but again I cannot seem to replicate this in my own games. The borders of the Empire remain static throughout the entire game no matter what, and even in the last 1795 start date these countries are still full Electors in the Empire. Perhaps it is a case of mistaken memory, or something was changed in a patch, but I am very interested to see if anyone still lurking these forums has any insight into this. The game manual only mentions the Muslims.

I am trying to understand the circumstances under which it is possible to remove a province from the HRE, as it seems nearly impossible. The only surefire way I have found is that a Muslim country automatically removes any HRE land it takes from the Empire. However I feel like I remember France being able to do the same thing. I haven't played as them in some time, but in my games the French AI never takes the provinces out of the Empire. In fact, in multiple of the scenario start dates they are already controlling fiefs in the Empire.

As an extension of the above, I feel like I remember seeing the Netherlands/Switzerland/Italy leave the HRE throughout the game, but again I cannot seem to replicate this in my own games. The borders of the Empire remain static throughout the entire game no matter what, and even in the last 1795 start date these countries are still full Electors in the Empire. Perhaps it is a case of mistaken memory, or something was changed in a patch, but I am very interested to see if anyone still lurking these forums has any insight into this. The game manual only mentions the Muslims.

Vanilla EU2 without mods has only very few events that deal with the HRE. If you want to have a more dynamic way to add or remove provinces you would need For the Glory.

However for France it would not make sense to remove provinces from the HRE at the start.

Until Francis I. the french kings actively tried to bribe their way to the crown of the Emperor of the HRE and so rule both, just like the Habsburgs ruled their heridetiry lands and the HRE. Only after Francis I. the french kings changed from wanting to rule the HRE as emperor to be content with being Kings of France and always expanding the borders of France at the cost of the HRE, which even Napoleon continued.

• 1Like
Reactions: