• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings. I think I found two bugs in your latest 2.00BETA4 version . Both of them are in static_modifiers:

negative_stability = {
ruler_popularity_gain = -0.1
ruler_unpopularity_mod = {
stability_cost_modifier = 0.05

Both are multiplied with a negative value,so it should be...

negative_stability = {
ruler_popularity_gain = 0.1
ruler_unpopularity_mod = {
stability_cost_modifier = -0.05

hello,
a small question by the way, is it a bug?

catch, we see that "Same Religion Group: +2" for "Risk of a revolt in this province" while religion is different between this province and the province capital.
Same or Different?

In any case, thank you for this great and good work.

"Same Religion Group" is a bit misleading: all religions are part of larger "groups", and so while this religion is different to your state religion, it's still part of the same "religion group" and so the penalty is less severe. Same goes for cultures, too. The label could be a bit better, but this is a vanilla issue and is not introduced by ROTA.

Not sure if there is much you can do about it, but the savegame files are HUGE (~240 MB). It takes my computer about two and a half minutes to load a save. Likewise, the RAM usage is very high, even for a Paradox game.

240MB! I've never had a savegame even approach that size; they tend to cause problems for me after 30MB...
Think I found the culprit. Here is random sample from one of my save games. I think this is part of a character history. (just one month!)

Code:
            516.3.1=
            {
                remove_title="title_prime_minister"
            }
            516.3.1=
            {
                give_title="title_finance_minister"
            }
            516.3.2=
            {
                remove_title="title_finance_minister"
            }
            516.3.2=
            {
                give_title="title_prime_minister"
            }
            516.3.3=
            {
            }
            516.3.3=
            {
            }
            516.3.4=
            {
            }
            516.3.4=
            {
            }
            516.3.5=
            {
            }
            516.3.5=
            {
            }
            516.3.6=
            {
            }
            516.3.6=
            {
            }
            516.3.7=
            {
            }
            516.3.7=
            {
            }
            516.3.8=
            {
            }
            516.3.8=
            {
            }
            516.3.9=
            {
            }
            516.3.9=
            {
            }
            516.3.10=
            {
            }
            516.3.10=
            {
            }
            516.3.11=
            {
            }
            516.3.11=
            {
            }
            516.3.12=
            {
            }
            516.3.12=
            {
            }
            516.3.13=
            {
            }
            516.3.13=
            {
            }
            516.3.14=
            {
            }
            516.3.14=
            {
            }
            516.3.15=
            {
            }
            516.3.15=
            {
            }
            516.3.16=
            {
            }
            516.3.16=
            {
            }
            516.3.17=
            {
            }
            516.3.17=
            {
            }
            516.3.18=
            {
            }
            516.3.18=
            {
            }
            516.3.19=
            {
            }
            516.3.19=
            {
            }
            516.3.20=
            {
            }
            516.3.20=
            {
            }
            516.3.21=
            {
            }
            516.3.21=
            {
            }
            516.3.22=
            {
            }
            516.3.22=
            {
            }
            516.3.23=
            {
            }
            516.3.23=
            {
            }
            516.3.24=
            {
            }
            516.3.24=
            {
            }
            516.3.25=
            {
            }
            516.3.25=
            {
            }
            516.3.26=
            {
            }
            516.3.26=
            {
            }
            516.3.27=
            {
            }
            516.3.27=
            {
            }
            516.3.28=
            {
            }
            516.3.28=
            {
            }
            516.3.29=
            {
            }
            516.3.29=
            {
            }
            516.3.30=
            {
            }
            516.3.30=
            {
            }
            516.3.31=
            {
            }
            516.3.31=
            {
            }

If I had to guess, there seems to be a bug with the AI adding and removing titles. It is now 578, and my savegame has close to 16 million lines.

Any advice for an easy way to pare down the savegame? Will I just have to wait for 2.0 final and start over?

Not much you can do other than manual cleaning, this problem is fixed in next release at least.

Not much you can do other than manual cleaning, this problem is fixed in next release at least.
Just had a small victory. Making liberal use of replace, I got rid or almost all of the add and remove title events in the history. I also replaced
Code:
=
        {
        }
with
Code:
={}
This reduced the savegame from 241 MB and 16 million lines to 85 MB and 60 million lines.

Better yet, when I saved the game again after playing for a few days, the new savegame file is 33 MB and <3 million lines!

Interestingly, the extension for save games is case sensitive. The game will not recognize temp.ROME but will recognize temp.rome.

I have been experiencing a bug.

Last two games with rome, i conquered an entire region (Corsica& Sardaigne, and then Liguria) and the unified region modifier never appeared even after many years.

In the same vein, when I annexed an ennemy capital, it takes several months for the capital modifier to disapear.

Sorry I do not have the save games to prove it, deleted my game and save games out of frustration.

Hello, I have encountered a bug involving governors. I am playing as Italia right now and twice I have gotten a message saying that the disloyal governor of Etruria is considering independence. Except, that the current governor (the one that is shown when you click on a province) has 90+ loyalty. I then checked on my character page and it turns out that there is another guy that is also considered the governor of Etruria. So, right now, on the character page I have two people that have jobs as the governor of Etruria. This has only happened to me with the region of Etruria, no other.

Seems there is a general issue with governos and how their title requirements are setup. I'll fix it and get a patch up.

Wiz

Thanks for all the work!

I am concerned with civil wars. I am Rome and I had a civil war start. About 25% of my provences (the least populated with lowest tax base) defected with one of my three armies of 10k troops. Then the rebels started to get spawned armies (o.k. I can live with this). I reduced the rebelion to two provences, but they kept getting troop spawns and now have 60k troops to my 35k.
Now here is where my frustration comes in. The rebels don't suffer attrition losses (or regain so fast that it seems they don't loose troops). And they don't use the rebel nation manpower to reinforce (as I elimitated 60k troops over several battles, but the rebels still have 24k manpower when they started with 50k. I've gone from 104k to 0). I need to keep my armies spread so that attrition doesn't wipe my manpower out while the rebels march around in a 60k stack and never loose strength while the rebel nation gains manpower. If I don't wipe out a rebel army it reinforces to full strength in a couple months (much faster then my armies can reinforce). The rebel nation is at -549 money, but they keep their armies.
I closing, I had to end the game as I can't create an army big enough to wipe out the 60k rebel stack that has no attrition or cost limitations that I have to work with.

Is this really how civil wars are suppose to work?

This one is a pain to reproduce, but it seems to happen consistently: If two or more level 10 colonies complete at the same time, the first one will get the culture flip event, but the other one(s) will not. Worse yet, in the unflipped province(s), one cannot build new colonies for about a year. Even when one can build again, completing the colony building does not add to the colony level (i.e. no modifier). Is there a way to trigger the culture-flip event through the console?

Speaking of colonies, in my game, provinces with the state culture and religion can all build colonies. That is just a minor bug, but better not to have false positives for the build notification.

Send me the save game, I'll have a look.

Wiz

Thanks for all the work!

I am concerned with civil wars. I am Rome and I had a civil war start. About 25% of my provences (the least populated with lowest tax base) defected with one of my three armies of 10k troops. Then the rebels started to get spawned armies (o.k. I can live with this). I reduced the rebelion to two provences, but they kept getting troop spawns and now have 60k troops to my 35k.
Now here is where my frustration comes in. The rebels don't suffer attrition losses (or regain so fast that it seems they don't loose troops). And they don't use the rebel nation manpower to reinforce (as I elimitated 60k troops over several battles, but the rebels still have 24k manpower when they started with 50k. I've gone from 104k to 0). I need to keep my armies spread so that attrition doesn't wipe my manpower out while the rebels march around in a 60k stack and never loose strength while the rebel nation gains manpower. If I don't wipe out a rebel army it reinforces to full strength in a couple months (much faster then my armies can reinforce). The rebel nation is at -549 money, but they keep their armies.
I closing, I had to end the game as I can't create an army big enough to wipe out the 60k rebel stack that has no attrition or cost limitations that I have to work with.

Is this really how civil wars are suppose to work?

This one is a pain to reproduce, but it seems to happen consistently: If two or more level 10 colonies complete at the same time, the first one will get the culture flip event, but the other one(s) will not. Worse yet, in the unflipped province(s), one cannot build new colonies for about a year. Even when one can build again, completing the colony building does not add to the colony level (i.e. no modifier). Is there a way to trigger the culture-flip event through the console?

Speaking of colonies, in my game, provinces with the state culture and religion can all build colonies. That is just a minor bug, but better not to have false positives for the build notification.

Colonies use some extremely arcane scripting, I'll see if I can fix this but I'm not sure I can.

Wiz,

I see two nations that display what I was seeing when I had the rebellion. Illyria and Egypt Rebels are great examples. They are in the greater than -2k dinars and yet field armies.

What is your email address to send two saves (several years appart so you can see it maintains over time).