• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YAYY It's an Update!! :D

Great updates but I have to admit that I'm still a bit lost with this AAR, I should read it all trough at once to get back on track :D

Wave: Yeah, that's my fault, sorry. A hiatus of over a year will do that. Good news is, barring an "Act of God," I don't foresee any further hiatuses of that length. I am very glad and thankful to have loyal readAARs who are still interested in this story even after so long!

To be honest I didn't know about this AAR before you brought it up again after the long break, then I've been reading it around more or less.

This is what I know about it now:

A tribe of Jews from middle east (Syria/Israel?) are on the way to Britain (or are there already) trough Sarmatia and they meet some problems along the way. Isn't this still like a prologue to the game or will you write about the game at all?

Long story short: Northern Tribes of Israel are taken into Assyria after the fall of Samaria in c. 722 BC. They are stuck there through the successions of the Babylonian and Persian Empires. Finally, a small group escapes from Persia at the time of Alexander the Great's invasion. As soon as they enter the Steppes of Sarmatia, they encounter Skythians who attack them and kill many, including their leader. This leaves his son, an 11 year-old boy named Ahaz (our hero's father) as their leader. He leads the people for the next 39 years before settling with Kerkinitis (Jehu is born 10 years before they settle down). They live in peace and harmony with Kerkinitis for two years, until Elihu, head of the Tribe of Reuben, kills Ahaz in a coup and takes power. Jehu and a few loyalists escape. They initially don't know where they will go. While in Germania, Jehu inadvertently rescues a Pretannian prince while protecting his betrothed, Larissa (freed Greek slave converted to Judaism and adopted into Jehu's tribe, Ephraim). This prince, Commius, leads them to his people in Pretannia, the Regnenses, where the exiles live for the next 8 or so years. There Jehu grows into a man, and many believe he will fulfill the prophecy that a hero will come "From the Tribes to the South" and overthrow Dumnorix, despotic ruler of the Dumnonii who seeks to rule all of Britain, and his evil god Dumnonos. When Jehu is 20, he is reunited with his half-brother (who he had not previously known was such), Ezra, who convinces him to return and kill Elihu and reclaim the tribes. Larissa is kidnapped at this same time, and taken to Dumnorix's fortress as a prisoner. So Jehu sets out to free his people and bring them back as an army to help defeat Dumnorix and free Larissa. Thus far, he has killed Elihu and reclaimed leadership of the Tribes, but his position is shaky, and Kerkinitis does not want to lose so powerful a vassal/ally.

That's the basic summary. You'll definitely get more out of the story if you read through it all. But hopefully this much context will at least help the latest updates make more sense.

And yes, this is a prologue to my mod, which I am currently in the process of adapting to Vae Victus (project on hold for the moment). The original plan had been for me to play a game in the mod and that would continue the story after this prologue. But that plan has since fallen through for a number of reasons. Once I finish adapting the mod, if another player wants to write an AAR based on actual gameplay and continue the story that way, he sure can. But I will not be doing so. I will just be telling this story up until the point where the mod begins. My AAR shall simply be the backstory to the mod, to give the mod more context and flavour.

Great update. And I look forward to when your mod has been adapted to VV. :)

Seeing as how nobody posted here for two years before your comment. I'm guessing no.

I am however playing Rome again. I will be starting an AAR soon.