• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The period immediately following the Franco-Brazilian War was of peace and consolidation. {In game terms, the war with Brazil push my badboy up to around 24.}

French diplomats immediately reopened the Brazilian embassy and went to work convincing Brazil that a strong French presence in South America was good for all of the Americas. France intended to pull Brazil into its SOI, which would secure the two largest South America countries -- Columbia and Brazil.

In the meantime, Spain was meddling diplomatically in Sicily. The French were able to reverse that situation quickly.

101201095800am.png

In foreign news, in 1851 Portugal succeeded in grabbing a large chunk of Morocco and Spain declared war on Egypt, looking to expand into the Mid-East.

1012010100312am.png

By the end of 1851, the French were ready to expand their holdings in Cochin China. On 29 December, war was declared against the Dai Nam with the intention of adding the state of Thanh Hoa to the French colonies in Cochin China and to force the Dai Nam to release its puppet state of Cambodia.

1012010100431am.png

Most of the fighting accorded in Vinh, but the Dai Nam had not really recovered from the last war with France, and so the outcome of the current conflict was inevitable.

1012010100848am.png

In January 1853, with all of Thanh Hoa occupied and French troops in the capital of Hanoi, the Dai Nam conceded defeat.

1012010101034am.png

Immediately, the state of Hue in the Thanh Hoa province becomes the 5th largest contributor to French coffers.

1012010101208am.png

With such an easy win, couldn't you have demaned more from Dai Nam? I understand your infamy predicament, but some of the more 'botique' :) war goals, like "cut down to size", or "humiliate" can cost very little infamy and give a nice prestige bump.

With such an easy win, couldn't you have demaned more from Dai Nam? I understand your infamy predicament, but some of the more 'botique' :) war goals, like "cut down to size", or "humiliate" can cost very little infamy and give a nice prestige bump.

True, but with France that is not so important. In 1853, France is only #3 in Prestige, but within a couple of decades, she will be solidly #1. And soon I won't need to worry about infamy, either.

And soon I won't need to worry about infamy, either.

Oooh, now this sounds interestin'! I've got a feeling that we're gonna see a lovely blue-coloured map in the near future. :D Clever job releasing Cambodia; it'll keep costs down as you imperialize and conquer. Question, are you planning to industrialize/railroad your colonies, or mostly just mainland France?

Oooh, now this sounds interestin'! I've got a feeling that we're gonna see a lovely blue-coloured map in the near future. :D Clever job releasing Cambodia; it'll keep costs down as you imperialize and conquer. Question, are you planning to industrialize/railroad your colonies, or mostly just mainland France?

Don't get your hopes up too much. I'm a very well conditioned EU player -- respect the badboy. Once I started testing the upper limits of infamy, it was a bit too late to do much in Europe. Besides, in the Age of Imperialism, the infamy is perhaps best spent in imperial fashion.

I totally need to get EU - it sounds pretty deep and interesting. :O Regarding your decision though, it's even better then I'd hoped. After all, this is the age of Imperialism - even though France does have a divine shade of blue, a well-schemed empire is better!