• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DB42

Mastermind Theologian
30 Badges
Dec 12, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
20191105050251_1.jpg

That's my grandson. My son died of cancer and I married his wife to Byzantium. I didn't think she'd take my grandson with her. My sweet boy is going to be brainwashed with philosophy and culture, oh the travesty!

EDIT: His mother was unfortunately killed by some nasty bandits but the Basileus still wouldn't send him back. :rolleyes:

UPDATE: I swayed the Basileus and he granted me a favor in return. I certainly wasn't about to buy a favor for 2.2K ducats. So now I have guardianship of my grandson but he's still at court in Constantinople surrounded by frivolous greeks!

Last edited:
I sometimes marry off my lovers as soon as I seduce one. You can make a lot of rivals if you are not a court tomcat yet. The best way to get my desirable son back is raiding. Although he then has to be house arrested until 16.

I sometimes marry off my lovers as soon as I seduce one. You can make a lot of rivals if you are not a court tomcat yet. The best way to get my desirable son back is raiding. Although he then has to be house arrested until 16.
That's genius, I could get the Duelist achievement with that.

The chance is, you can't just grant him a title when he becomes 16, because he may hates you and won't be invited to your court.

That's how kids are these days. But that's alright. All you need to do is;

1. While he is still house arrested, give him to an African women courtier as a consort.
2. Take the African women as your concubine. This releases all her consorts.
3. Set aside the African concubine to reuse her later.

At least her life has purpose. :eek:

They are highly useful. Exceptionally skilled in diplomacy for a feat that would not be possible otherwise. I keep two just in case one gets pregnant, and employ their service quite regularly. I would give them honorary titles after getting higher women's right.

Using "woman's touch" to recruit captured enemy is a time honored strategy used in real history countless times. With a little adaptation, you can incorporate many questionable features into roll playing.

With warrior's lodge and bloodline boons, you get to capture enemy's unlanded male heirs or highly talented commanders all the time. Image that, without the women, just letting them rot in your dungeon or get freed with a little humiliation or mutilation. What a waste of potential would that be?

Last edited: