• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this is a huge uneeded necro. just wait ona catholism DLC. we either get it or we wont. necroíng threads of some of the most requested feutures wont speed that up.

You guys keep telling how great was MTW2 implementation, but I have no idea how was it because I have not played it! How about someone describing it shortly here please.

You could recruit a Priest and send him around the map where he would auto-convert a small percentage of the region he was stationed in. Depending on his Piety level (which is basicly a skill level for Priests) he could be nominated to be a Cardinal.

You still control the Cardinal, same as the Priest, only difference is that when the Pope dies all Cardinals are eligible to be the next Pope. All Christian nations then voted for their favorite, and the guy with the most voted gets to be the Pope.

EDIT : It's been a while since I played MTW2, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about something.

There are so many problems with the papacy and accuracy I am not even sure it can be fixed with the current code.

a point or two:

-----

Anti-pope representation is almost non-existent in the game. Only the player can create them and there is not much point in it. In the time period of this game, there were 21 anti-popes. In playing the game, you will get 0 unless you yourself make one.

-----
Medieval II did not have a very accurate election process, which had often had many popes from many cultures (a majority were not italian). In reality most of the popes were italian. The election process was not exactly "fair" as in it was not exactly based on Catholic population or number of regions. It was heavily biased towards Italians. Most cardinals were also italians, again it was not based solely on number of provinces.

Here are some statistics i compiled about the Popes in the time period of the game based on where they were born via the wikipedia list of popes:

From 1066 to last pope before the Avignon papacy (1305) :

31 popes were Italian

7 popes were French (1 of which Burgundian)

1 pope was English

1 pope was Portuguese

Then through the Avignon Papacy and to end of game (1453 right?) :

7 were French

7 were Italian

-----

Agreeing with election and cardinal stuff!
and meta-comment:
Nothing wrong with necroing if the topic is still valid and not implemented in the game! Way better than starting similar threads again and again.

I would love to have my brother elected as a pope instead of being a title claimant. That way we could actually achieve something by putting a genius younger son with good traits into a bishopric. As it is now I only put my stupid or ambitious brothers there.

College of cardinals would be lovely. It'd be great if a Pope of your dynasty or culture got elected and there was a very slight relations boost (though no penalty if he's not of your culture). Also these young Popes can be a real pain. When you get a 23-year old Pope who has the perfect traits to make all your bishops have 100 opinion of him, whereas your ruler has lustful or cynical or greedy... you have to spend a long long time waiting for either that Pope or your ruler to die just so you can get some bloody tax from your bishops.

Bump* Any word on a Pope overhaul?
Patience jeez, you don't have to commit necromancy just because you want something. You don't have to bring back a year old thread to prove a point. The devs aren't deaf they know what people demand, they read the forum frequently so I'm extremely certain work will be done on him.

Patience jeez, you don't have to commit necromancy just because you want something. You don't have to bring back a year old thread to prove a point. The devs aren't deaf they know what people demand, they read the forum frequently so I'm extremely certain work will be done on him.
Last activity was in November before my post. So it's not like I brought back a dead thread from last April. I stopped playing Ck2 for a good 7-9mo. Just wanted to know if there were any work on a mod or official DLC.

The DLCs after Old Gods will focus on spicing up clerical life, including playable religious orders and theocraties, and it seems like a given itll also overhaul religious mechanics, though a playable Pope is not in the cards.

The DLCs after Old Gods will focus on spicing up clerical life, including playable religious orders and theocraties, and it seems like a given itll also overhaul religious mechanics, though a playable Pope is not in the cards.

I hope so. I really really hope so. I want LOTS of politics and intrigue surrounding the election of the Pope, and an expansion of his powers vis a vis crowning Kings..