• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Greene

Colonel
Dec 23, 2016
I do a reconquista war in Iberia and after winning it the decision disappears completely and only pops up again after I play as a new character. It looks like we are limited to one reconquista war per character’s lifetime which is kinda stupid. Is this WAD?

I do a reconquista war in Iberia and after winning it the decision disappears completely and only pops up again after I play as a new character. It looks like we are limited to one reconquista war per character’s lifetime which is kinda stupid. Is this WAD?

The reconquista was a centuries long struggle to reclaim Iberia from Muslims, and you'd like to finish that in what 20 years? The specific reason for each reconquista being separated by inheritance is to give a good chance at slowly overcoming the Muslims over time, rather than getting crushed from word go anytime you declare a holy war, not for you to instantly conquer Iberia in a single generation.

The reconquista was a centuries long struggle to reclaim Iberia from Muslims, and you'd like to finish that in what 20 years? The specific reason for each reconquista being separated by inheritance is to give a good chance at slowly overcoming the Muslims over time, rather than getting crushed from word go anytime you declare a holy war, not for you to instantly conquer Iberia in a single generation.

Then why is there a bloodline for winning four reconquista wars or something? If we go by that logic then the end of the Reconquista is past the game’s end date anyway.

As i read it in dev diary and CK2Wiki, you should. have the CB still. The decision only unlocks it.
Though it's one decision per character per kingdom....or such.