• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, how do I know if there is permanent negative spell on me?
Hello - Go to the diplomacy screen - the one with all the wizards. There should be icons next to each wizard that show this IIRC.
Is that what you mean?

Is it not in the Beginners Guide? :)

What is needed to be able to build the temple of Krolm? I have the quest, but not seeing in the list of structures.

You can only build a temple on a Holy Ground hex. You can find some in Ardania, but they're much more frequent in parallel worlds. You shall expect some guardians there (usually fire elementals)

Makes sense, wish there was some place to find that out like a help or wiki.

Is there anyway to not build a structure when it comes up? IOW I get the alert that I can build, but I do not want any of the structures available. In addition the number of free tile is small, in that town. I was forced to build something, regardless.

Last edited:
If your Capital is under attack, you can transfer it to another city to avoid being defeated. It is useful if you're being attacked by surprise and you cannot bring in reinforcements on time.

What good are these spells that raise the land? I tried it once and it just destroys the land so I can't build on it.

I've used it to turn swamps into hills.

How do I reactivate buildings in captured cities? Sometimes I capture a city and some buildings are left over whose icons are grayed out and are not producing anything (eg a Library, and the city is generating no research). How do I get the Library to work? I tried rebuilding the prereq buildings for it, but that did nothing.

How do I reactivate buildings in captured cities? Sometimes I capture a city and some buildings are left over whose icons are grayed out and are not producing anything (eg a Library, and the city is generating no research). How do I get the Library to work? I tried rebuilding the prereq buildings for it, but that did nothing.

After you build the prerequisites, go back into the city and just click on the grayed out building. It will become activated. Also you can click on any grayed out building to see what prerequisite building you need to activate that building.

Hey folks, just got in on the Humble Bundle, so far this one's the winner (I already had the PDS titles, and not too impressed with the other games)

I have a few quick questions. How long does a normal single-player campaign usually last? In turns or hours, I was just curious about the general pacing (for the sake of argument call it medium map with default settings)

If you start beside a holy site guarded by a giant fire elemental (I forget if that was the specific name, but it burned my starter guys to a crisp and ate warriors like a meat grinder), is it better to just restart?

I feel like I'm in over my head from the start with every new campaign, is this normal? I mean, if it's not a super-powered monster, the other campaign I started was right beside an enemy wizard who declared war on me, and we sorta fought back and forth for a long time (20-25 turns IIRC before I had company over and ended it for the time) without anyone making any real progress. The capital city defenses of the other wizard were too powerful, while my settlement, which I took from monsters, had a bat tower and could hold up pretty well with the stream of units I had entering the area.

Okay, I think that's enough for the QQ/QA thread for now, sorry for the paragraph format but hey, it's a quiet forum. Also, no DLCs are installed, if that's relevant.

How to destroy a city?

Hey guys,

Just conquered an enemy city, but I would rather re-settle it one hex to the left. How do I destroy/unsettle my new city?

I know how to destroy buildings, and have tried similar things to no avail. Also, I couldn't find a response anywhere! Help?

Alex

Hey guys,

Just conquered an enemy city, but I would rather re-settle it one hex to the left. How do I destroy/unsettle my new city?

I know how to destroy buildings, and have tried similar things to no avail. Also, I couldn't find a response anywhere! Help?

Alex

There's a button for it in the city view, IIRC it's under the list of buildings. I'm new too though, so really rough idea, sorry.

EDIT: It's beside the scroll showing city name

Last edited: