• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Great Duck said:
Why don't you learn to make events,and so help us finish this mod earlier?
I will have to sit down and learn to make events (from the link you posted), and that will take time. Not only that but when I have a spare moment I like to relax, and I don't fancy taking up work to do in my spare time. But I have my summer hols in 2 weeks time so I should be able to do it than (so I come back to you in 2-3 weeks).
I brought up this union as it was proposed around the time of the Suez crisis (so it can be tied up in that) and because Britain rejected the proposals, it made France look to its neighbours (which caused the signing of the European Coal and Steel Community). So I was just raising this to you attention.
But I will have a go at doing it in 2-3 weeks (but I am promising nothing).

Possible Event list for SOUTH VIETNAM

OCTOBER 23, 1955 = SOUTH VIETNAM REFERENDUM
The Referendum was held to determine the future of South Vietnam.
However, Diem banned the Bao Dai campaign and rigged the election.
"Diem is President" Resulting in +15% dissent in provinces. +30 relations with USA.

1956= GENEVA ACCORDS - UNDERGO ELECTIONS FOR REUNIFICATION.
After rigging the 1955 elections, Diem cancelled the elections with North Vietnam
Diem said the elections must be "meaningful only on the condition that they are absolutely free"

Option 1: Reunify with the Communists "Trigger North Vietnam annex South Vietnam"
Option 2: Refuse the Reunification Elections "+5% dissent in provinces.
1957= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD SLOW BEGINNING OF INSURGENCY "Dissent now grows +0.02% a day.
1959= ELECTIONS! DIEM WINS RIGGED ELECTION "Dissent now grows +0.03% a day.
1959= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE VIET CONG "Dissent now grows +0.05% a day.
1959= VIET CONG BEGINS ATTACK ON SOUTH VIETNAM. "Trigger Vietnam War"
1961= VICE PRESIDENT VISITS DIEM. SOUTH VIETNAM NOW RECEIVE AMERICAN SUPPLIES
1962= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD AMERICAN INTERVENTION. AMERICAN DIVISIONS NOW AVAILABLE SAIGON.
1963= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD "POSSIBILITY OF REGIME CHANGE".
NOVEMBER 2, 1963= DIEM EXECUTED. SOUTH VIETNAM IS NOW A PUPPET OF USA. AMERICAN DIVISIONS AVAILABLE.
1963= VIET CONG UPRISING = RACH GIA, NHA TRANG, QUI NON HAVE PARTISAN ACTIVITY.
AUGUST 2, 1964= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD "GULF OF TONKIN INCIDENT" SOUTH VIETNAM DECLARE WAR ON NORTH VIETNAM, SOUTH VIETNAM IN MILITARY ALLIANCE WITH USA.
(NO DECLARATION OF WAR FROM USA OR NORTH VIETNAM)
MARCH 2, 1965= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD "USA WILL BOMB NORTH VIETNAM BACK IN THE STONE AGE"
Event Trigger "Dissent +2%
"USA Dissent +5%
"USA Air Force unlocked"
1967= AMERICA ASKS FOR HELP: SOUTH VIETNAM ENTER MILITARY ALLIANCE WITH AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, SOUTH KOREA, THAILAND AND PHILLIPINES.
AMERICA ASKS FOR HELP: UNITED KINGDOM AND CANADA DECLINE.
1967= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD THIEU IN CHARGE. THERE IS HOPE!
"Dissent -1%"
1968= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD TET OFFENSIVE. "Dissent +5% South Vietnam had physological dissent.
1969= HO CHI MINH DIES.
1971= AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND LEAVE THE ALLIANCE THEY HAD WITH SOUTH VIETNAM.
CHRISTMAS 1972 = SOUTH VIETNAM HAD CHRISTMAS BOMBINGS. Dissent +10% within South Vietnam alliance.
JANUARY 15,1973= USA SUSPENDS OFFENSIVE ACTION AGAINST VIETNAM.
JANUARY 27,1973= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD "USA ENDS INVOLVMENT IN VIETNAM WAR, USA GIVE FINAL SUPPLY"
Event Trigger = "We stand alone"
Event Trigger = Americans give vast amounts of aid

OCTOBER 1973= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD "Oil Price Shock". Event trigger "All resources reduced by 70%.
OCTOBER 1974= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD "Hanoi prepares for Offensive"
DECEMBER 13, 1974= SOUTH VIETNAM HAD "Hanoi invades". (South Vietnamese forces should be 50% weak near border and 75-80% weak near Saigon
MARCH 20, 1975= "THIEU ORDERS HUE TO BE HELD AT ALL COSTS!"
Event Trigger "Carry out orders" No immediate effect.
"We must withdraw" Retreat to Qui Non immediate.
APRIL 30, 1975 (OR WHEN NORTH VIETNAM WINS)
The Troops of North Vietnam entered Saigon on April 30, 1975.
The Vietnam War was over.
"OK" South Vietnam is annexed by North Vietnam.
END GAME.

Force Strength of both sides can be level, Partisans (The VC) can attack at night and by the day South Vietnam would win those battles (only when the insurgency becomes serious it goes all day). The North Vietnamese Army and the South should be equal (fairly weakened, American troops show the majority but they are like 50-60% effective because of morale and the environment. When America and its Allies withdraw, South Vietnam Army weakens whilst the North slowly gets stronger.

What do you think?

Well,rather than posting suggestions for events (for which w have another thread),I think you should make them and upload the file,then post a link to it in the events thread.

got 2 things to ask:
1.when you say "first 2 years" you mean you only did 2 years but i can still play all i want just without tech tree,pictures and all or the game will crash after 2 years?
2.if i can play after 2 years is it possible that someone will upload the mod in 1963?
the only way i can do it is to wait all those years and it will take forever..

urias03 said:
got 2 things to ask:
1.when you say "first 2 years" you mean you only did 2 years but i can still play all i want just without tech tree,pictures and all or the game will crash after 2 years?
2.if i can play after 2 years is it possible that someone will upload the mod in 1963?
the only way i can do it is to wait all those years and it will take forever..

1. When i say two years i mean that only the first two years have important events and are somehow scripted.

2. No, unless someone creates a new scenario starting in 1963