• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Calapine

Recruit
Aug 17, 2021
Hi. I just have a quick question:

Are the attack values given in the Division screen calculated with or without the CA bonus?

Or in other words, does the division in the picture have, in total:
a) 14 SA (as it says on the screen)
b) 15.4 SA (14 + 10% CA = 15.4 SA)

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows :)
~Cala

Attachments

• 2024-03-23-Saturday-2322-8238.png
    2024-03-23-Saturday-2322-8238.png
    359 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi. I just have a quick question:

Are the attack values given in the Division screen calculated with or without the CA bonus?

Or in other words, does the division in the picture have, in total:
a) 14 SA (as it says on the screen)
b) 15.4 SA (14 + 10% CA = 15.4 SA)

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows :)
~Cala

I can't be 100% certain. However, it looks like the former rather than the later. The reason I say that is because when you add up the soft attack for the 2 infantry brigades, 1 artillery brigade, and 1 anti-tank brigade, you get 12 soft attack. Each infantry brigade has 3 soft attack, each artillery brigade has 5 soft attack, and each anti-tank brigade has 1 soft attack. When you multiply 12 by 10% you get 1.2. You add 12 to 1.2 and you get 13.2 soft attack. I can only guess the game is rounding up instead of down. Of course, this is assuming I didn't make a mistake.

Hard to tell. The units don't necessarily have even amounts of SA, but the game only displays it in whole numbers. For example, some techs give fractions of a point, and it may or may not bump up the values shown on screen. So, either the 3 points of SA are really "3-point-something", or else the CA bonus is being added.

As far as I know it's without CA bonus:
Skärmavbild 2024-04-16 kl. 23.05.png

Soft Attack: 3 × 5.6 + 6.6 + 1.2 = 24.6

Skärmavbild 2024-04-16 kl. 23.05 1.png

It shows a rounded number. If CA bonus was included, total SA should be 24.6 × 1.1 = 27.06.

Presumably CA bonus is not applied separately, but together with all other modifiers in the combat, as effective SA = SA × (100% + CA + terrain + etc). I vaguely remember that was changed from HOI2 where modifiers stacked by multiplications and went too high or too low, depending on situation. I may very well misremember...