• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You dont really want to they give you free troops anyway so you dont have to build them, saves you money and at the end of the campaign they get returned and take up saxonys manpower and not yours.

Puppets seem to be better than annexations IMO.

You dont really want to they give you free troops anyway so you dont have to build them, saves you money and at the end of the campaign they get returned and take up saxonys manpower and not yours.

Puppets seem to be better than annexations IMO.

True, but the borders look ugly enough if Saxony is surrounded and if I got it all under control. So I will leave it till later.

Also, how this as a army composition for Prussia: 4 Line Infantry, 4 Second Line Infantry, 4 Cuirassers, 4 Guard Artillery, 2 Horse Artillery, 3 Jaegers, 3 Guard Infantry, 2 Grenaders, 1 Supply Trains?

Depends on the tactics you employ really.

If you used "Up the Guards" as a tactic, for example, you could use the following brigade organization:

Left/Center/Right flanks:

1 x Guard
1 x Line Infantry
1 x Light Infantry
1 x Arty

Reserves:
4-6 Cavalry
2-3 Supply train

Corps size totalling circa 30K.

This corps size is fairly optimal for attrition mitigation, but so long as you use "March to the Sound of the Guns" and have your other corps flanking one another, you can support each corps should a doom stack arrive.

If you use another tactic e.g. "Deliberate Assault" then you don't need to use guards brigades. Guard brigades are expensive - both cost and manpower, but you do get decent modifiers (especially as Prussia).

Whatever you do, don't use "Regular Strategy" as you will not win many battles!

I experimented with tactics and corps composition as this was part of the fun in the game!

Good luck!

Very good set up. I also have my corps with around 30k troops then operate them together. I add a little more line infantry to my flanks though.

That's what I use, and I put my guards together to get the bonus. But that's just me, experiment and see what you like.

I usually:
1) build only guard + artillery(ready the guard), and one pure cavalry corps (counter_punch), or:
2) two flanks with guard + artillery, 3 rd with cavalry

Maybe guard is expensive, but you only need two ideas at start to have excellent damage dealer, (+25% def and -3 initiative to guard),and this force is excellent to take cities, fortress without taking much attriction - > 10k force is enough to capture 1k garrison with less than 50 losses, with or without breach...

Also march to the sound of guns -> if you skip it, and add another 200 idea points you can get -15% frontage you your brigades (which mean +15% attack modifier in big battle).

Yeah, I skip the common Line Infantry, too.

My setup looks sth like this:

2guards,1 light Infantry (get also a bonus from the guard tactics), 1 cavalry and 1 (horse) artillery - I often use "fast" Corps with horse artillery, only.

Is there an advantage in leaving your Cavalry in the Reserves?

cheers

Edit: forgot to mention - Thanik is right, you should lower the initiative of your units as fast as possible, that's making them really nasty in the first place.