• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, CK deserves second chance - they have tons of experience how to make it right, based on EU3:HTTT and Eu:Rome game mechanics.

But new game, something to add to their flagship products is definetly needed. I mean, you can't run all the time on sequels, those are not NFS or CoD type of games. ;)

American Civil War :)

civil+war+soldiers.jpg

How about, an official converter from one game to another. :D CK (ck2, probably) -> EU3 -> Vicky (Vicky2?) -> HoiIII.:D

Why? You could never conquer anything. Iraq got half the world attacking it when it invaded itty bitty Kuwait.

It wouldn't have to be centred around conquest. It could focus in detail on diplomacy, electoral politics, economic matters etc... something like GeoPolitical Simulator but done right. It would be a brilliant game.

Last edited:
I go for cold war possible starting 1950 through to present day, with various real conflicts/wars developing though events and player actions, parodox are great at games will real history behind them and this game would cover the brake up of the old European Empires (french/british) and the rise of US/Soviet influenced nations.

Paradox are one of the few companies/games who manage to capture the full world making all countries playable that work.

The very first game I can recall which sort attempted this was a cold war game called balance of power (nuclear war = game over), very old but had no depth like you get with Vicky/HOI and other paradox games. But the concept would be the same or similar

Others have tried like Superpower, but I sure going off paradoxs track record on creating grand scale games they could make a winner.

I go for cold war possible starting 1950 through to present day, with various real conflicts/wars developing though events and player actions, parodox are great at games will real history behind them and this game would cover the brake up of the old European Empires (french/british) and the rise of US/Soviet influenced nations.

Paradox are one of the few companies/games who manage to capture the full world making all countries playable that work.

The very first game I can recall which sort attempted this was a cold war game called balance of power (nuclear war = game over), very old but had no depth like you get with Vicky/HOI and other paradox games. But the concept would be the same or similar

Others have tried like Superpower, but I sure going off paradoxs track record on creating grand scale games they could make a winner.

I think Paradox is not one of the few but the only company which could create a game based on the Cold War - Present day game. They can surely develop the game balancing (nuclear war = game over) thing in such a way that the game would be fun to play and would surely be a hit. Paradox could create the game improving on the concepts present in Geo Political Simulator, Superpower 1& 2 and its own game Victoria and the coming Victoria 2. Among other things they could take the pops concept from Victoria 1 & 2 in the new game. By the way there is another similar game currently under development named "World Supremacy".:)

Just remember that such a game would have to be heavily "censored" to avoid legal action and be able to be sold. Even HOI is much more politically correct than the titles based on earlier eras. With less time between the game timeline and today comes less general acceptance of any negative historical facts of the period.

As long as CK2 comes next, they can do whatever they want after that - I should be occupied anyway :cool:

I think that could be worked around rpetty easily TBH.

Depends on how much you value historical accuracy. Some of the proceedings of the time just can't be accurately depicted without touching a nerve somewhere, and some of the people who made certain decisions are still in power today.

Of course, a fun game can still be made with a disnified version of truth.

Depends on how much you value historical accuracy. Some of the proceedings of the time just can't be accurately depicted without touching a nerve somewhere, and some of the people who made certain decisions are still in power today.

Of course, a fun game can still be made with a disnified version of truth.

I take your point, but there are plenty of games which depict those things, and no one gets too bent out of shape about it. The thing is, PI games nowadays tend to leave it to the player, so if you decide to press the red button in 1983, it's you doing it, not Andropov or Regan.

I take your point, but there are plenty of games which depict those things, and no one gets too bent out of shape about it.

Yeah, but most games don't go to the level of detail that Paradox games do. Often, the hurtful stuff is in the details.

The thing is, PI games nowadays tend to leave it to the player, so if you decide to press the red button in 1983, it's you doing it, not Andropov or Regan.

It is true that Clausewitz games not being so tied to history would make it easier.

It is true that Clausewitz games not being so tied to history would make it easier.

"Pushing the button" (and who does it in the game) is something that is actually the least important in such title - the "hurtful" stuff would be in the methods you can use to purse your goals and detail of implementation.

Imagine that in such game you can position the spies inside your opponent government or sponsor particular politicians to support your agenda. Now, imagine that the list of such politicians is delivered HoI-style, with stats, ideology pattern and cute little comments like "corrupt cleptocrat" and such.

Let's say in this game you sponsor (as KGB) Reagan in his presidency race, pull out some dirt on pope (any pope) to cause globewide unrest and such.

Things could go nasty at that point. :rofl:

And yes, good Cold War game should have very detailed espionage/blackmail/diplomacy options to keep players busy... from "pushing the button".