Project Truman to be announced at gamescom

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly if Paradox aims to sell EU4 or HOI4 they'd better have a new engine as a hook, and Paradox hasn't expressed any interest in making a new engine yet.
They haven't made a new engine in name, but there's a massive difference (graphically, at least) between Clausewitz in EU3 and Clausewitz in CK2.

They haven't made a new engine in name, but there's a massive difference (graphically, at least) between Clausewitz in EU3 and Clausewitz in CK2.

Graphically isn't really where they need improvement. The games already look good enough. The way they handle things like tags though...and did they ever add true multicore support?

And making a new engine in name is actually important for marketing.

...and did they ever add true multicore support?
Did they not add that in the Victoria II expansion? I may be wrong of course, but I think I read that somewhere.

I hope it's a sequel to Rome, but one focusing on the dying days of the Empire and the coming Dark Ages.

Graphically isn't really where they need improvement. The games already look good enough. The way they handle things like tags though...and did they ever add true multicore support?

And making a new engine in name is actually important for marketing.

I think Johan mentioned somewhere that they call the ck2 engine clauswitz2 or something like that. But they have never used the name of an engine for marketing. You don't see the ad "CK2 now with improved clauswitz engine".

---

So we know, Project Reagan is a game about Cold War.
Can someone with knowledge about U.S. Presidents guess what time/area could be connected to "Truman"?

Truman was president '45 - '53. Good guy, and won a massively unexpected victory in his re-election campaign. The national papers the night before predicted his opponent would win by a comfortable margin.

Oh, and his successor was one General Dwight D. Eisenhower. ;)

I think Johan mentioned somewhere that they call the ck2 engine clauswitz2 or something like that. But they have never used the name of an engine for marketing. You don't see the ad "CK2 now with improved clauswitz engine".

I've never seen an ad for a Paradox game period.

However if they announced a new engine it would generate interest in this forum, and other forums, and in gaming news sites, and by word of mouth.

This is not a bugwar post

A Game of Toads has hope yet! :)

Since they named the Cold War game after a prominant President during the time. My best guess that Project Truman would be about the Korean War.

Boy would that not be any fun!

I'm assuming this means something. ;)
THIS!
And this below, make up your own mind..
Intersting infos from Johan in the last reddit event:

####################################
[–]KubaBVB09

Are there any current plans for a game outside of the 1066-1950 time period? I've always wanted a good Dark Ages game or possibly a sequel to EU:Rome?

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio 8 Punkte 9 Stunden zuvor

I have no comments :)

[–]Plastastic

1) Are there any 'unexplored' time periods that you'd want to make a game about?

2) Will there ever be a sequel to Rome?

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio

1) not right now. 2) I want one so...

[–]Plastastic

Whoops, I think my reply got lost in limbo, sorry if this is a double post.

I always considered Rome to be like CK:DV in the sense that it was a 'diamond in the rough' that would've greatly benefited from just one more expansion. (I did enjoy both games immensely, regardless)

It was a shame that the proposed expansion didn't win in the polls, though I suppose it's all well and good considering the fact that we got Divine Wind as a result. :D

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio

I wish we could have done both !

[–]AHOI-Mod

Hi Johan, after the current patch 3.06 for HOI3-FTM will that be the last patch for HOI3 and will there be a new expansion this summer? :) And what is the cool new game you have so much fun coding atm? Cheers!

@Miclee Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfjMm3vaJo&list=UU1JOnWZrVWKzX3UMdpnvuMg&index=67&feature=plpp_video

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio

If I were a betting man, I'd put my life savings on us making another hoi3 expansion...

[–]AHOI-Mod

Sure, me too. But what is the cool new game? Kallocain also didn't spoil anything so far in the forum.. And as you already tweeted that you would like to tell us what it is about.. Give it a go.. ;)

[–]Paradox_Dev_Studio

sorry. i can't...

##########################

Cheers,
Chromos

Cheers,
Chromos

The latest HoI III expansion has already been announced, so it's not that.
Why do you just look at the last part of the quote??
I could have edited that out, but thought anybody would read the first answers first, where ROME is named serveral times.. ;)

Cheers!
Chromos

I want Rome 2 :(
But eu 4 is more likely
Hoi4 i don't think so,tere is a new expansion
But paradox...
STOP TAKING MY MONEY :p

Status
Not open for further replies.