• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shukuen

Recruit
48 Badges
Apr 19, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Age of Wonders
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis III
Just started playing again after I heard about the new updates. While I like the changes so far, I noticed something weird. Armored enemies seem to be immune to beam attacks. I used the classic Steam-Lightning-Beam on a Dwarf Warrior and he just marched through it with 0 effect. Every beam combination I tried had no effect. I had to drop mines and run. Same problem with Berserker Orcs and Shielded Goblins.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I think there is a bug or something because thunder bolt magick does nothing against those armoured monsters.
Also the Ice Wall of Death (IWD) works well against almost anything... just be careful of it since now it can kill you by accident.

Well as far as I know, enemies carrying shields are immune to lightning and fire, so according to the new immunity mechanics the whole beam is wasted on them if it contains fire or lightning. For the berserker orcs I do not know. I can cut through them without difficulties.

As for the shields, I wonder whether they provide immunity to lightning or a blocking effect (similar to a player pressing CTRL).

Well, I just did a test and you're right, Maranovski. Apparently I was panicking so much I didn't realize that most of my beams had lightning or fire as their components. I just repeated it in the arena to test other elemental combinations and managed to damage them with water, frost, and vanilla arcane beams. Due to their armor, they were immune to Ice Shards, and they swarmed me too fast to test throwing boulders at them, but I'm assuming they still take damage from those.

beams are for pussys, they are slow.
IWD is for fast fingered players, with practice you will find yourself attacking targets with ease.

DDDDD beats all, tbh i feel it's like an i-win button at times, you just need patients and you can win just by waiting on spawns.