• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility would have been Amric Al'Aeshir, before his paper leaked the story. If you think he is still a possibility that you would prefer, please say so. In the meantime, I will have a word with Per Talbott.

I would suggest that you offer the MESA to Amric. It may not be available yet, but one way or the other, it will be soon.

I need you to re-name your cabinet representatives on the Council of State. Send McGrath and von Hapsburg. This is urgent.

I saw your broadcast John. I agree with your public comment that Josephus has not been fulfilling his duties as MESA and your private one that Talbott hasn't either. I will give Talbott one last chance. I agree that when I speak with the Americans, it will be useful to offer or point out Josephus is either no longer the VP or no longer in the cabinet. As MDIS McGrath and MIDA von Hapsburg are currently the two most active cabinet ministers, other than myself, they would be better members of the council of state than the mostly absent former Presidents. I will make an announcement in the briefing room later today, after I communicate to the Commisioner of Justice. But you said it was urgent, who do you need to impeach? If I replace MESA Josephus, I will need to name a new VP. I know you said you wanted to leave the executive branch to sort itself out, but if you could find someone else to be speaker, I would appoint you to a ministry and as VP. What do you say?

Well, I've never been in the cabinet, and I can't say it isn't an intriguing oppurtunity. But...I don't think I can, in good consciense, give up the Speakership. Think about the other active MGAs for a minute. von Hapsburg and McGrath are Ministers, Braxton's activity has been down lately, I haven't seen Michael Lundgren or any of the others in a long time, and the only other MGA is Olsen, who could easily be controlled by Josephus if he becomes Speaker.

If I can get in touch with Michael and obtain his promise of resuming activity, I'd be willing to hand the Speakership to him, as he has skillfully administered that office in terms gone by.

Not sure what I could do with the MESA, though. Never imagined I'd wind up there, to be honest. O'Floinn scratches his chin thoughtfully. Guess I've got a few ideas though.

*appearing from the shadows*

I never left, just no one called me or paid me any visits so I just been voting and working on my card game with some friends.

Per Speaker, MERL Talbott has reactivated himself. As he has particularly good connections with the Americans, I think I need to keep in the cabinet at this time. Given that former President Al'Aeshir's indiscrete publishing served as the spark that started the current conflagration, although the fuel was already present, I have trouble with the idea of bringing him into cabinet at this time. Talbott and I will be meeting with the Americans, and I will undoubtedly offer to replace Josephus. Let me know who your preferred candidate would be, when you have those conversations. Whether they will take me up on the offer or not, I do not care to venture a guess, although I would not expect an immediate reaction from them, as they will probably want to confer with Washington.

Alright, as long as Talbott really resumes activity this time, I have no problem with him staying.

Anyway, with Michael here, I'd be willing to join your cabinet. Unless you have some burning desire to be MESA, Michael.

Phalanx said:
Anyway, with Michael here, I'd be willing to join your cabinet. Unless you have some burning desire to be MESA, Michael.
Don't really care much for MESA

So, I am planning to name Per O'Floinn as MESA and Vice President, but I am constitutionally constrained from doing so until he is replaced as speaker. You take care of that end of things and I will make my part of the announcements immediately afterwards.

I have spoken to Alaster Cain from CUE. If you want to stay as speaker, he could become MESA. It is completely up to you. Let me know what you want to do.

Is their any specific legislature that anyone wants me to bring up in the GA,

OOC: Asking as I am rubbish at actually wording the bills and that I don't know what issues to bring up a bill on.

Good question! I am sorting through the treaties I signed and have asked the various cabinet ministers to check whether there are any that require legislation to become fully effective. There may be some from that source.

I have noticed an increase in the ranks of the CUE party members. They will be tough competition in the next election if we don't do some recruiting ourselves. We can offer immediate seats in the GA to the right candidates, so it shouldn't be too hard to attract people. We give them a high profile now, they give us support later.

Last edited:
We need to have some legislation that will let MIDA retire the debt issued by the trust that bought back the Highways from the foreign owners, and also to fund planned and possible future expansion. If someone would please propose something like the following, it would be appreciated:
Supplementary Highway Appropriation Bill
  1. One billion ducats is hereby appropriated to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Domestic Affairs to:
    • Retire the indebtedness of the Inter-Provincial Highway System Trust and take possession of the assets of said Trust. This is a Term XI expenditure estimated at Ð600 million.
    • Fund the extension of the system to Uxbridge. This expenditure, estimated to be Ð300 million, is divided between Terms XI, XII, and XIII.
    • Fund current operating deficits, implemenation of the new toll system, and increased maintenance. This is a Term XI expenditure estimated at Ð100 million.
  2. These expenditures will be financed through increased Federal borrowing.

Thanks!

John, there may be some reactions, possibly violent, to an announcement of a deal with the Americans. It may be a good idea to have some troops in place in Western Eutopia, as local police might be inclined to take part in the illegal activities. The army mentioned that sometimes that it requires legislative approval to use troops for 'policing' duties. Given that it could take six months to get something through the GA and Senate, would you be willing to discuss the matter with General Levarge, sort of like we did with Hawkton Tilly regarding whether he should ask for an advisory opinion on treaty signing powers?

At the Command and Operations Center, it is in the basement of the MDIS, I will call and advise them you are on the way. I will be there as soon as I finish with the American Ambassador. In the meantime, when you get there, you can review the instructions for the 6th Infantry Division that I provided and see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.