• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am in a bit of trouble though. Since late 1600s, Three western major powers are really determine to colonized east indie. They keep taking turn DoW me.
I had the exact same thing happen in a game I played as Yemen in control of the whole middle east. It seems like the European AI figures it can walk all over you because of the tech gap so they declare war. Then they won't accept peace because you don't have any of their provinces occupied. I eventually just got access through a few nations nearby my perpetual enemies and stationed some men there. Once I'd fought off their invasion of the Middle East, I'd just walk in and take their capitol. They'd usually accept peace at that point... of course as soon as the truce was over they would be like, "Hey look, that guys got nice lands and low tech! I bet we can take him." And it starts all over again...

My Holland -> Netherlands Empire:
eu3mapned1821111.png

Ok, so its not really much of an empire. This was my first game playing as a trading nation and I deliberately stuck to my core provinces, the Caribbean, Ceylon, and a few other random islands here and there.

Tensions were brewing between me and France for almost the whole game. We fought many inconclusive wars at the start (due to my alliance with the British) before France had a land connection with me. We had an uneasy peace throughout the whole mid-game (we each had cores belonging to the other, though his cores expired from time to time mine never did, since they came with the Netherlands unification) The fighting only started up again at the very end of the game.

France attacked me twice and were resoundingly beaten both times. Although the first war went on for decades (France was 100% blockaded the whole time!) before they would finally admit defeat. They eventually released a few nations (and several more declared independence themselves). The second war went much faster (since France was still falling apart after the first war) and I freed the last of my cores from French oppression.

Here's a map of my Byzantium, year 1741, in the reign of Constantine XII, the extremely incompetent grandson of Helene I

EU3_MAP_BYZ_1741423_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_BYZ_1741423_2.jpg

The Hansa inherited Ireland, prompting me to invade and take most of formerly Irish North Africa. England looks impressive on the map, but most of their overseas possessions are in the hands of rebels. Ferrarra has lost all but their capitol to the HRE (which formed from Austria) and I took their Moroccan and Caribbean colonies.

The Dutch invaded and annexed Chimu when I wasn't looking, which vexes me. I'm terribly vexed. Lack of CBs has limited my ambitions in North Africa and Europe, but I just took the Unam Sanctum NI, so warmongering is in the future.

Yesterday I completed my very last IN game, as Japan. It took me absolutelly ages to complete, but I have not felt like quiting and going HTTT since it was a fun game.

The benevolent Japanese Empire, 1805:

JAP_ALL.png

JAP_JAP.png

My goals I set up for my self as the game developed were to first survive against Ming, as well as westernize as soon as possible, and also to play a fair game, that is never be a bad boy nor doublecrossing a friend.

From my start in 1399 it took me some 15-20 years or so for my first idea. During this period I used warnings and guarantees to vassalize a couple of south east asian minors. As soon as I could, I picked Unam Sanctum and went on a vassalizing spree, conquering all the nations on the mainland and the island states. The only nation I annexed was Malacca for the CoT, and all provinces except Malacca itself I gave away to my other vassals. As I said I would play benevolent and after all, I vassalized all these people for their own good, had I not they would soon have been annexed by Ming.

When I got to western India (same borders as today) I met up with the Mameluks who was annexing everything that got in their way. I stoped here and did not ever get into trouble with them.

Around 1440 Ming Dows one of my subjects and I declare on them, bring my 20+ minions into the match. A very long battle starts, Ming occupies loads of territory from my subjects, but my huge fleet is protecting all of my own holdings. By luring their fleet out of harbour I destroyed them all. After many years of war of attrition I settle for some 50% WS peace, grabbing some provinces for my allies (giving them back core provinces), and some for myself.

The following 100 years or so Ming continuesly attacks me or us, allied with Korea and/or Manchu. I grow stronger and stronger, and eventually end up conquering it all, and using rebells meanwhile to split up Ming. At the end I vassalize a 4 province Ming, but surviving peacfully are still a farily large Wu that broke loose.

At the mean time I start westernizing. After QftnW I sailed to Europe and found a one province papal state in Rome. It made for a perfect conquest, with all the innovative I hade made for westernizing I needed the missionaries later on. After Rome I stayed peacfull in Europe for a very long time, After all the steps towards Latin tech group my next aim was colonizing all of the Pacific ocean, and did so on every singe island (even if not always economically correct), as well as the entire American west coast, all the way from Alaska to the Incas. After relieving all the central American tribes and Incas of their gold, I annexed and converted.

By this time all the European bullies start Dowing me or my friends, and in every single war my huge fleet keeps us safe, and I start taking first strategic American and African provinces from them, then in a huge war I take a great chunk of Portugal and Castille homeland. My liberation of Europe had begun. In every single war France, Castille, Protugal or Great Britain starts, I punish them swiftly. Milan constantly Dows Rome, and I conquere half Italy from them, also releasing Naples as a vassal of mine.

Austria was a huge white blob all over east Europe, and allied to me in the Milan wars, and staid loyal all through all the west European wars, and did marvels against France. For some extremelly odd reason they Dows me and are then fair game. By that time Castille and Portugal had relocated to north America, France to south, and Great Britain to Africa.

I break Austria (HRE) in craploads of minor nations, but being part of their old masters empire they are still fair game.

During the late 18th century I chose to release Colombia, Venezuela and Peru as vassals as soon as they started appearing. They are all Japanese culture, Shinto nations (to stay benevolent I needed the -30 bad boy this gave me)

Towards the end it is clear to me that there cannot be peace untill all of Europe is liberated from the evil European leaders, and my final goal in the game was to vassalize all of Europe. I had no interrest in owning most of these provinces, so I ended up selling very many provinces to my vassals, and yesterday I finally liberated the very last part of Scandinavia, and can at last quit this game.

And I am off to download HTTT!

Actually I really need to buy a new computer, my very last DoW on Denmark brought Castille and Portugal into the war.. I ended up white peacing them because each tick took about 5 seconds when engaging in a world war...

But yeah regarding, oddly enough I only ONCE had a war with any muslim country, when the GH got dragged into a war. We exchanged some skirmishers in the middle of siberia and then they white peaced out... But yeah having a better computer would make for a fun war on the Mameluk/GH/Timurid alliance...

Birthday just a few days away... maybe... just maybe...

My Holland -> Netherlands Empire:
Ok, so its not really much of an empire. This was my first game playing as a trading nation and I deliberately stuck to my core provinces, the Caribbean, Ceylon, and a few other random islands here and there.

hi sjones25,:) forgive me my stupid question, but what was your challenge/objective for this particular game? :rolleyes:

Here's a map of my Byzantium, year 1741, in the reign of Constantine XII, the extremely incompetent grandson of Helene I
The Hansa inherited Ireland, prompting me to invade and take most of formerly Irish North Africa. England looks impressive on the map, but most of their overseas possessions are in the hands of rebels. Ferrarra has lost all but their capitol to the HRE (which formed from Austria) and I took their Moroccan and Caribbean colonies.

The Dutch invaded and annexed Chimu when I wasn't looking, which vexes me. I'm terribly vexed. Lack of CBs has limited my ambitions in North Africa and Europe, but I just took the Unam Sanctum NI, so warmongering is in the future.

I guess this is HTTT? The existence of Burgundy at the expense of the BBB makes IN less likely.:rolleyes:

Yesterday I completed my very last IN game, as Japan. It took me absolutelly ages to complete, but I have not felt like quiting and going HTTT since it was a fun game.

The benevolent Japanese Empire, 1805:

At the mean time I start westernizing. After QftnW I sailed to Europe and found a one province papal state in Rome. It made for a perfect conquest, with all the innovative I hade made for westernizing I needed the missionaries later on. After Rome I stayed peacfull in Europe for a very long time, After all the steps towards Latin tech group my next aim was colonizing all of the Pacific ocean, and did so on every singe island (even if not always economically correct), as well as the entire American west coast, all the way from Alaska to the Incas. After relieving all the central American tribes and Incas of their gold, I annexed and converted!

Impressive!:), I think I'll give an asian country a try. Just a question: iirc one couldn't colonize the america's from the west due to the date-shift-line which crosses the pacific, but perhaps I misunderstood something....

Impressive!:), I think I'll give an asian country a try. Just a question: iirc one couldn't colonize the america's from the west due to the date-shift-line which crosses the pacific, but perhaps I misunderstood something....
Yeah, that is how it usually is. Sometimes it'll work, but most of the time it won't.

hi sjones25, forgive me my stupid question, but what was your challenge/objective for this particular game?
Get all of the Netherlands cores (which turned out to be hard since France grabbed some early), become a trading superpower, don't become a colonial superpower (which is the direction I'd usually take with a nation like Holland)... and survive France! I also tryed to become by far the most advanced nation in the world, but it seems that the penalty for being "ahead of your time" makes it almost impossible to get more than about 5 levels ahead of the other tech leaders.

Basically the goal was to see if a small, but powerful nation could survive and thrive among the big blobs through diplomacy, trade, naval supremacy, and fighting smart wars when necessary.

Well there are severall issues here... The range thingy is silly like hell but it is still POSSIBLE, you just need to have core provinces in America, that is capture the native americans, then wait 50 years... However still colonizing time is about 900 days since that range is from mainland Japan, going west... Same crap happens if you try to order a fleet to move over the date line.

HOWEVER.

The serious problem comes when saving a game while having transient colonists, or yet rather if you try to load it. See this:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449349

In short, dont ever save a game if you have colonists going over the pacific ocean... And given the 900 days colonizing time it takes some planning before going to bed! :)

Actually it is easier on the fleets, as you can shift-click a province on each side of the dateline and they will move over it with no problem.

This is true, and has to be learned the hard way. Still it is bloody annoying responding to a DoW, sending your fleet from New Zeeland to South America... When looking desperatelly after it you find it cruising along Africa...

Burgundy IN3.2 game (1495). Surprisingly easy, as the BBB never DOW'ed me. Became HRE; vassalized 7 out of 8 electors. :D Reduced the BBB to an OPM in a number of wars. :D

eu3mapbur14959282.png
[/IMG]

eu3mapbur14959281.png
[/IMG]

Oh no! The new BBB is in town! (Big Burgundy Blob ;))

England looks depressingly successful over in Ireland, and Castille is, as usualy, invading Africa. Good game, glad to see the Burgundians finally having success. :)

Oh no! The new BBB is in town! (Big Burgundy Blob ;))

England looks depressingly successful over in Ireland, and Castille is, as usualy, invading Africa. Good game, glad to see the Burgundians finally having success. :)

Hi King_Richard_XI, :)
I guess it is Big Burgundian Blob :p

The english success in Ireland is a kind of bussiness as usual. BTW: did you notice that England has not yet been active in Scandinavia?;)
Cheers :rolleyes: !!

Meclenburg becomes Holland

Here are some shots from my Mecklenburg becomes Holland Game. It is in the 1580s.

My first game I played as Venice and formed Italy then colonized all of North and South America. That became a bit much to manage. So this game I decided to go with quality over quantity. No province unless it is extremely valuable. Also, my goal is to have a manufactory in every province -- which I have almost achieved. Right now I control the Netherlands, much of Northern Italy, and many of the COTs throughout Europe. Also, Gold in Mexico and Peru, Alexandria, Judea and Kutch.

Oh, and I am trying to monopolize all of the worlds markets. So far I have about 3/4s of them (with around 10 free merchants in each) -- and all of the ones in the first page of most valuable markets.

I was HRE for most of the game, but switched to Administrative Republic about 20 years ago to bring my TE up to 99%. I'm reformed.

eu3mapned1585112.png