• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
why aren t there more missions for the Byz?

Because theyre are supposed to die in every game xD

Back on topic, heres the screeny of my Glorious Russian Empire under Tsar Ivan VIth (i think) the one who formed Russia a few years ago. Just finished fighting Epic War of Bohemian Aggression (or something like that), they had like 6-7 land tech levels over me, which made fighting comparable to Germans VS Soviets in WW2 - fight, lose, retreat, fight, lose retreat, jump 20 Bohemian units with 60, win and hope you can do it again xD

What happened in Iberia?

Thats funny, Castille, at one point, formed PU with France who was already 50-50% compared in power to Burgundy who became Emperor. Even though France became lesser partner in PU, Burgundy kept attack it, bringing Castille (and Portugal that was allied to CAS) to war all the time, but since there is a narrow wasteland between France/Iberia, Castille couldnt do much other than invasions here and there, so once France was beaten, Burgundy and their 20 allies kept invading Cas and Por, at some point forcing them to release some of many revolters i added. At one time in Iberia you had 3 Portuguese countries, Castille, Leon, Asturias, Galicia, Valencia, Aragon, Catalunya, Baleares, Navarra, Al Andalus, Granada and a few more i think xD A total mess. Now Castille is a major colonizer (owns half of north and south America) and my guess is, they just dont wanna bother with those minors around them.

Oh yeah, another funny thing is, Timurids keep offering me alliance every month :D

eu3mapsca14956281.png

Behold glorious Scandinavia! A game I recently started as Denmark. I had made a few changes to the game, most prominent would be that the Timurids is no longer a Steppe Horde, all tech groups research equally fast, mostly disabled colonising of Hordes until the Reformation where the Golden Horde is set to break up a little (it failed somewhat, had not counted on the Big Bohemian Blob of all the Balkans), and lastly Holy War now only takes off 25% of the infamy (so 3 infamy for a province, 6 to annex an OPM).

It's been a very fun game, the Ottomans almost did some natural expansion, well, they went into Poland and then Bohemia went "OH NO YOU DID NOT" and crushed them, creating a massive blob I have just started to destroy into vassals.

EU3_10.png

Probably not going to continue this one -- Bohemia has been consistently stomping me in wars, declaring every 5 years regardless of CB status. This is my ragequit photo. :p

Damn mate respect. I was only saved by Lithuania gurenteeing me when they decided to take basically all of GH and Persia and when I decided to go after Genoa early game (I got a core) I just ended up gettign roflstomped by their superior armies that landed in the hills :/

I'm fairly certain that Genoa was in a war with Venice at the time that I took them out of the region, but not positive. They didn't have any ships or they were blockaded in or something, because they never even tried to bring reinforcements. They also had a huge war score and were thrilled to give up Azow and Zap~~ze or whatever it is when I offered.

EU3_10.png

Probably not going to continue this one -- Bohemia has been consistently stomping me in wars, declaring every 5 years regardless of CB status. This is my ragequit photo. :p

I guess I'm a bit confused. You have super easy access to grab Georgia's gold province, and Crimea is begging to be had. What's stopped you from minting an army and taking those to shore up your economy, then turning your minted army into a blitz-krieg of Bohemia? Looks like you just need one successful war to split Bohemia in half. They'd never recover.

I have found that the fear of inflation is mostly overrated. During peace time, curb it, during war time, crank it.

Behold the great Domain of the Ottoman turks .

I blitzed Byzantium and karaman off the face of the map at gamestart, and then minted heavily to afford a huge navy. This done I proceeded to take Greece from the latins, and over the course of half a dozen wars I think I annihilated the navy of almost every major European power. Austria has this nasty habit of throwing itself at me in useless holy wars though, which tend to drive up my WE (especially when I've got Nogai or the pitiful remnants of the Golden Horde raiding my northeastern procinces). I think they've been neutered for the time being though.

Addendum: I also somehow PUd Baluchistan - five years after marrying them, and ten years after they had even come into existence.

Last edited:
I guess I'm a bit confused. You have super easy access to grab Georgia's gold province, and Crimea is begging to be had. What's stopped you from minting an army and taking those to shore up your economy, then turning your minted army into a blitz-krieg of Bohemia? Looks like you just need one successful war to split Bohemia in half. They'd never recover.

I have found that the fear of inflation is mostly overrated. During peace time, curb it, during war time, crank it.

It's mostly born of me being new-ish to EU3, and having to struggle tooth and nail just to get this far. I couldn't really think of a way out.

I HAVE westernized already -- I should consider following your words of wisdom.

First, I've never seen a Malaya empire in here (could be though, since this thread is huge). So I thought I'd post one. Started w/ Majaphit, and holy crap they are poor. Inflation is running away on me. 1484 and I am just now getting a handle on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Second, I wanted to post my Brandenburg > Prussia > Germany (as HRE) game, since I've never seen so many things happen in one game. First, GB formed from England. Not surprising. Then Spain formed from Castille -- this is only the second time I have EVER seen the AI form Spain! They are doing well, too. Then Novgorod formed Russia (surprising in that it was the Novgorodians). Then Bihar formed Hindustan, first time I've seen that. Then Burgundy formed France. Then Ireland formed. Actually, I made GB release them, but they are colonizing like crazy. Lastly, you guys can't see it, but I own South Africa, but since it was colonized and cored by Spain, its called German Spain. That makes me giggle.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Since all the cool kids are doing it:
Byz-1.jpg

Gearing up for a showdown w/ Castille for the last two provinces so I can reform my Themes. There was a period where the entirety of Catholic Europe decided to dog pile me, I was fortunate enough to buy most of them off.

So I'm Prussia having a hard time expanding with aggression on high and missions have been sucky aka have bigger navy than... and have protect against...

Lithuania is HUGE and scary
Poland somehow became emperor so scary However lost its PU with Lithuania (thank god)
Ulm is rather big, England use to be stable until revolts brought every nation possible to be released and York eventually formed England and is having issues with Scotland. Byzantium was annexed, revolts brought them back i helped them a little and than they slowly got destroyed again by Venice, Epirus, and Dulkadir

Update on my Russian game. Year is 1643, Once my infamy goes down I'm thinking of taking Anatolia, but i,m not sure what to do after. Ive westernized and am leading in tech, and 90% of the provinces are orthodox. I own Rome, Jerusalem and Mecca so i get a nice supply of missionaries. Ive also had personal unions with Sweden and Bohemia since the start of the game but they don't seem to want to be inherited, England was a little bit latter.
EU3_14.jpg

EU3_MAP_RUS_164343_2.jpg

EU3_MAP_RUS_164343_1.jpg

Thanks for the replies i haven't actually had a chance to play my game since posting this. and yep its Venice in Brazil they were actually the first people to colonize in my game! India/ China and then the colonies sounds like a great idea but i have one question. My infamy atm is at 40/56, should i go on a conquering spree over the limit (If i do this i could probs get most of Asia. Or should i stay under the infamy limit? This is my second full game and im still learning.

I just formed Germany as Brandenburg, finally! Really, HRE makes forming Germany really tough - I have never seen the AI doing it. I am the Emperor now, but I want to dismantle HRE as soon as possible. Also, check out the East. I guess I'm having a massive showdown against the Ottomans at some point. Hope I'll get that Greater Finland on my side. :)

And here's the governmental policies. Really, is there anywhere a nicer place to live?

EU3_16.jpg

I got bunch of cores all over middle Europe now, so I guess it's time to go for a Reich-forming-spree.

I'll get that Greater Finland on my side. :)

We are allways happy to help our German friends against the East!!!

BEHOLD!

This is the final outcome of the thread that I started asking for suggestions for a successful Ethiopia strategy in DW. Considering that Ethiopia starts out as a Sub-Saharan, Orthodox Christian tribal despotism surrounded by angry Muslim countries, I think that I pretty much nailed it.

My empire and her vassals:

The whole world:

And oh yes, Ethiopia can into space:

Now that's African power.

P.S. A few things of note: Austria became HRE and got pretty damn close to uniting the empire. They managed to proclaim peace throughout the empire, I think, though they didn't get any further than that. They tried attacking me a few times, which was an absolute bitch, because they were throwing about 300k men at me each time. Fortunately a massive block of level-6 fortresses stopped them from ever doing any damage to my European possessions. On that note, it was rather amusing to see the words 'Ethiopian Europe' appear on a map. Brazil appeared in Africa - as usual - and Venezuela somehow managed to take control of Oneida in the Great Lakes region. I force-converted Naples and Denmark, with the result that there is an Orthodox 'Neapolitan Oceania' (more crazy colonising). Quebec formed in the mid-west of America, while the USA was Norwegian. Most surprisingly of all, however, Lousiana formed... in Louisiana!

Last edited: