• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
austriaf.png

Austria to Chinaaaa

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! Nuke, give me a nuke!

year: 1613
difficulty: hard
mod: D&T
starting country: Portugal

eu3mapibe16133201.png

eu3mapibe16133202.png

current goals:
conquer Ming and India till 1650 (holy war ftw!)
humiliate France
break Russian economy (by isolating their capital and reducing coastline)
ignoring Bohemia and Austria (I want to see what they can do)
if Japan won't be united till 1649 I will probably attack them

How do you take those two different types of screen shots? Is the first one a "F12" shot and the second a "shift + F12"?

Did Ireland form on its own ? ^^

Yes, it did form on its own, if I am not mistaken it was Connaught who formed it. After it formed I made it my vassal through a war.

Awesome Hainaut, friends of yours? :p

yes and no. They were my friends. When I converted to Protestant, they broke the alliance.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! Nuke, give me a nuke!

Shall I do something about it or just leave it?

Since I saw several succesful Granadas on the forums and after several own failed attempts I couldn't sleep anymore. Until last weekend!
My dream came true :D I must admit I went for easy difficulty but still I consider this one of my achievements in EU3 ;-)

Simply: changed NI to military drill, took a loan (not that I had to in the end), set some minting, made Muhammad a general and started the run of escaping, avoiding the Spaniards, taking back my lost provinces and trying to take some of theirs myself. A reloading hell, I can tell you...
Portugal honored Castille's call but after showing his 15 stack suddenly felt satisfied with some 200 ducats. Phew! At that time - still some 1405ish year Castille and I were in a kind of status quo - Castille had one of my provinces occupied, I was sieging one of hers and trying to train a regiment. When Castille moved to another province I reclaimed the previous one and it all started over. Luckily I protracted the war until my sweet allies Morroco and Tunis managed to slip two of their 2k stacks through spanish navy to join me in Iberia. I succeded in training some 8k stack over the time so combined we could destroy the first Castillian 15k stack. At that time we already conquered maybe 4 or 5 Castillian provinces. Castille would have given up 3 provinces and some money by then. I couldn't be happier yet I knew I have to crush her in pieces now or never. I couldn't afford to peace out now and let her regenarate and DoW me in five years with half the world.)
gr1.jpg

So we went for 100% score. The other 15k stack easilly anihilated, Castille conquered. I took only Andalucia, La Mancha and Galicia and everything possible for the rest of the score. Released the Emirate of Galicia to share acquired land with and to help me in wars of course. After the war I immediately DoWed Portugal because England was failing against Scotland + BBB + plus some other Europeans. Took some land, sold some to Galicia and learned that whole of Castille is still covered with rebels and that Andalucian patriots of Cadiz, Cordoba and murcia defected to us. :D
gr2.jpg

At that time I feared no one in Iberia. The start of the game with such superior troops is awesome. Two other holy wars with Castille, Portugal and Aragorn and the Rereconquista was finished indeed. I was surprised how fast the time passed during all these wars. But now I border Le BBB. Sweet :( To add some challenge BBB was a loyal ally to Austrian HRE for many decades. I couldn't beat them both. As soon as I ventured a bit into France, my troops being competent with them, the 70ish stack from Vienna has just arrived :)
gr3.jpg

I had to concentrate on another target and fast as I already started to fall behind in tech. Weak England was perfect. We got rid of somewhat strong Scotland later too.
gr4.jpg

I was very lucky though. Events, missions and even peace deals in seemingly lost wars. Austria or France always being the DoF. Sometimes Scotland or Switzerland which was my time to DoW what I wanted. Constant gains in such short time. I've never played that aggressive before. When France and Austria broke their alliance I tried France. Succes! Land and Huge Berry ally for later. In another war with France they backstabbed me and so were destroyed too.
Britain was slowly subdued. I had to wipe out Hansa out of there too :) Scotland somehow ended up in a funny PU with Sicily so were even an easier target.
The Emirates of York, Northumberland and Norway (Denmark inherited Norway proper before) were my first bases on the isles and great helpers so I keep them there. I ate only former vassal Wales. But they were christians so what? :) My other vassal is christian Corsica which I keep that way too. They are part of the Empire and help me in wars which alone sounds kinda cool anyway.) Sardinia is my loyal christian ally honoring every adventure. They even got eaten once so I released them later again and they hold their word on. This is how I look now.
gr5.jpg

I want to get as far in Europe as I can and convert as much as I can. Will westernize in one slide move. I'm forming this idea of getting all of Emirate of Norway's cores and sell them to him. Also I like the idea of preventing the colonization of the New World as there are not yet any colonies because simply there are no main colonizing nations alive:D I'll see if I grab some land there. BBB is broken but Burgundy is a monster bully being good friends with half of Europe. Then there's the Austrian HRE which might soon lose the title to Burgundy. We'll see.

PS: I have some notes on ingame Granada. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the flag rather of the already conquered Spanish kingdom of Granada after 1492? Why Andalucian? Why not Arabic? Why not being the same culture group with Morroco, Algiers and Tunis? And in what universe would I ever want to form Spain?! :D

You should try MEIOU mod, they are the same culture group as morroco, tunisia and algier... and there are over 150 new cultures(I know because I modding them right now) :rofl:

Its hilarious how Bosnia holds Serbia, while Serbia holds Croatia. I suspect some weird Serbian/Bosnian nationalist rebels movement is the cause.