• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here is my knights empire 1578:

and a world map:

I started around 1405 at the time the ottomans are at civil war to give myself a realistic chance of success. This meant I could pound the byzantines and minor turkish nations to gain some initial territory. The only time I reloaded was an early war with karaman where they had a larger army and initially beat me. The next time I managed to maneuver their army onto rhodes and blockaded them and occupied all their territory. Things just took off from there. I made a rule to myself I would only crusade against heretics and heathens, no catholic wars.

Great run... but why aren't you in Italy instead? :)

I do in fact own venice which a protestant athens took over about 80 years ago and I promptly siezed it off them. The rest of Italy is still catholic which means I will not allow myself to attack them.

That sort of goes against the idea of playing The Knights.

I do in fact own venice which a protestant athens took over about 80 years ago and I promptly siezed it off them. The rest of Italy is still catholic which means I will not allow myself to attack them.

what about excommunications?

Holy Roman Empire formed with Croatia (released it with Hungary and then reloaded)

Played diplomatically most of the time. For more 50 years didn't increase number of my own provinces (only had 4) but managed to vassalize entire Italy and more. Most of vassals were gained through diplomacy. Only last 20 or so years were filled with conquests because events continued to throw cores around.
Also managed to keep HRE Catholic, again usually with diplomacy.

Fun with the Mamluks:

eu3mapmam18201211.jpg

Not surprisingly, I produce 100% of the world's slaves:p

Nice. Too bad Afrika has so much uncolonizable territory...and it's so poor.

IS THAT A UNIFIED JAPAN??!? with a little territory in SE ASIA?

Nice. Too bad Afrika has so much uncolonizable territory...and it's so poor.

IS THAT A UNIFIED JAPAN??!? with a little territory in SE ASIA?

Yeah, it is indeed very poor, but income wise I actually ended up #1 in the world by far. Of course in an MP game I wouldn't be, but still, for SP it was fun.

Unfortunately, it is not a unified Japan. They have every Japanese province except for the Emperor's yet they remain a daimyo.

My Austria-turned HRE game in 1603;

EU3_MAP_HRE_160384_1.jpg

I didn't plan on ever forming the HRE when I started the game, but over time I'd managed to either own, vassal or PU the majority of the empire, plus take huge amounts of territory in the Balkans and start pushing into Anatolia.

Interesting happenings; Castille was once pretty large, but lost most of North Africa plus northern Aragon in two wars: against France in one and against me and Milan over the succession of the Milanese throne in the other (I won. :p ) France, meanwhile, went protestant after about a half-century of turmoil - they had been one of the battlegrounds of the reformation, rather than Germany. Britain changed to Reformed after about 30 years of having an almost equal 3-way split in religion, and haven't even attempted to colonize yet. The Ottomans never managed to pick up any steam in Europe, with them being kicked out by 1540. Constantinople has been a bit of a battleground, with it changing hands 5 times (Byzantines, Genoa, Byzantines, Milan, Me). Oh, and Sweden is still Catholic, despite not having a single Catholic province left. Needless to say, they've been rebel-swamped for about a century. Silly Swedes.

yea, the Swedes were always better off under Danish rule anyways. Shoulda stayed like that, and they wouldn't be screwed.
Sweden = Denmark minor. jk

You should help Muscovy form Russia, then force convert them to Catholic and then PU them. Europe looks so ppeeeerrrrrtyyyy.
Poland and Lithuania look retarded.

I absolutely love your Knights Empire. I've tried to play knights myself but getting my first couple of provinces is where I always fail, I'll use this as inspiration to try again.

The Kingdom of Jerusalem shall rise again!

Thanks! I do my best. My advice is to start when the ottomans are in their civil war and the byzantines are a bit larger, then go straight for morea and the OPM that borders rhodes on day one. Then I vassalised the next OPM in anatolia (Saruhan?) as a buffer. All the while i was minting like crazy trying to maintain some naval presence. From there if I got in a war with a bigger power (e.g. Karaman) I would lure them onto Rhodes, blockade them there, and blanket siege their provinces, the level 2 fort on Rhodes giving you some time.

Good Luck!

My current Spanish game.

First off, I did things properly!
EU3_55.jpg

My Empire, minus the colonies.
EU3_37.jpg

And the world map
MApSPA2.jpg

Some notes:
-Aquired both Aragon and Naples through inheritance. (well, Naples was integration, technically)
-Vassals: Epirus, Tyrone, Tripoli and Ragusa. I know, quite a strange ensemble.
-TO was very succesful, eating most of Lithuania, lost some back as you can see.
-Prussia is Catholic
-Scandinavia has actually cleaned up a lot in the last few years, was a terrible mess.
-Austria is my game-long ally and HRE
-Poland got huge due to a term as the HRE, now in decline.

I think it's pretty interesting so far, no?

The Ottomans are surprisingly in their original state especially if you check their usual regional opponents. Nice historically rich growing by the spaniards. Too bad you haven't helped the aragonese in taking back their core in Athens, it is probably gone now.

SPA1.jpg

Pretty Americas are entirely my efforts (as mentioned), Austria went crazy, Scandinavia stole a few colonies off France. Ming exploded after her King died fighting my troops in India. Africa is a huge mess, I'm tempted to sell South Africa to Austria just to avoid the stigma of being associated with that messy continent.

Everything west of Germany/Italy is just amazing.