• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hannover?
Yep! Should've had it as early as 1415 but you can't release vassals while at war so yeah.

Austria wouldve reconquested it immedetaly if it wouldnt have a strong ally (england?).
Austria was my ally (human sacrifice, more like) which I used to draw enemy armies elsewhere, so they have been pretty much permanently dead. On top of that, styria isn't all that special.

You rescued Epirus?
Gave me a good laugh. I think Savoy released them, since that's who's allied to them (and Naples' core expires one year before that screenshot was taken). Naples got beat up pretty bad after losing all their army and navy to me a few wars in a row.

Edit: All these little black, red, and white flags are a good thing, right?

m7Lcp.jpg

Braveheart happening when Scotland is the aggressor is bullshit.

--

Just when I thought the cycle of war was over, France declared war on me some more (I dealt with them this time) and then Aragon decided it would be fun to join in, dragging in Scotland and Burgundy. I annexed Burgundy, and now it's time to vassalize Scotland finally.

Can't decide whether I should make the Netherlands owned by Flanders or the Dutch (can Flanders form the Netherlands?). I also think I'm going to divide Germany into Westphalia (Rheinlander), Hannover (Hannoverian), Saxony (Saxon), Danzig (Prussian), and... Ulm? Augsburg? Haven't decided who should own Bavaria. Maybe just Bavaria.

Last edited:
Byzantium, 1600. I feel like I've pretty much set the limit of the empire to the east. I still want to capture some parts of Oman to clean up borders. After that, it will be time to start working on Europe, and mostly Bohemia ;)

GRmVt.jpg

Here is an update on my Milan/Italy game.

eu38.png

Not sure how to proceed. Should I take on Britian, Spain or finish my conquest in the middle east? I'm also planning on eating up the French Minors but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to complete my empire by games end.

Damn Infamy :(

Did you mod the italian flag or is it changed in 5.1?

(can Flanders form the Netherlands?)
Yes
I also think I'm going to divide Germany into Westphalia (Rheinlander), Hannover (Hannoverian), Saxony (Saxon), Danzig (Prussian), and... Ulm? Augsburg? Haven't decided who should own Bavaria. Maybe just Bavaria.
Good luck with getting the cores for Danzig and Westphalia.

Good luck with getting the cores for Danzig and Westphalia.
I got Hannover cored in 15 years, so I believe!

Don't spoil my dream.

(That said, there are very few countries with Prussian primary culture so it might not be as hard as it sounds)

Uhm westphalia in the rheinland doesnt make too much sense , id suggest the palatinate for that (Rheinland-Palatinate)
Whoops, thought Westphalia had Rhinelander primary culture (turns out it's Hannoverian). Baden or the Palatinate would make the most sense then.

Just posting some progress in my highly successful Naxos -> Greece game. I used the following decision to form Greece, realising that it is kind of OP, since it doesn't require cores
Code:
country_decisions = {

greek_nation = {
		potential = {
			NOT = { exists = GRE }
			NOT = { tag = PAP }
			NOT = { tag = HRE }
			NOT = { tag = BYZ }
			NOT = { tag = LAT }
			primary_culture = greek
		}
		allow = 
		{
			owns = 146		# Athens
			owns = 1773		# Achaea
			owns = 145		# Morea
			owns = 144		# Janina
			owns = 147		# Larissa

war = no
		}
	  effect = {
			GRE = {	
				greece = {
					add_core = GRE
				}
			}	
			random_owned = {
				limit = { culture_group = greek }
				base_tax = 1
			}
			centralization_decentralization = -1
			prestige = 0.05
			change_tag = GRE
			GRE = {
				capital = 146	# Athens
			}
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

}

My greece in 1460
endingwiththisone.jpg

ontothis.jpg

And a mere ~40-50 years later
andthis.jpg

this.jpg

Sometimes I love the horde mechanics, coupled with being spammed by claims on our rivals.

My current goals are taking whole Anatolia (the region), making a land connection from there to Greece and taking whole Arabia. The probably onward into Asia until I can westernise.

eu31o.png

ok this isnt verry inpressive, but what if i tell that it are all PU's in green :)

trying to break the PU reccord, currently at 46 unions

It appears the Ottomans decided Greek was really a cooler culture after all. That's also quite the Spain you have there.

I've been forcing the Ottomans out of Anatolia and giving their land there to my vassals in Turkey. Their land in the Golden horde was a result of the usual mass colonization.

Spain was formed, became an uber power, but the France and England killed it and freed Aragon. It's next on my chopping block.

Also, it's not pictured, But Austria and France have 30 allies each.

Did you mod the italian flag or is it changed in 5.1?

Changed it myself. It's just the traditional tri-colour with a crown set in the middle. I hate the default one.