• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is nice borders, but I've got to say...after playing mods with DAOlite for the past month any empire in vanilla that looks like a 10 year old drew it. Nothing personal, but in DAO unified Germany is stunning.

So, confused. I tried this very same thing, and was doing okay (not nearly as well as Ryuujin95!). When I loaded one morning, I instantly got around 35 infamy, and it never went away. And every province thereafter that I took, I got 4 infamy. I wasn't in dishonorable scum wars, since I was a horde, but that *really* hurt my war effort, what with constant rebels and the like.

Was this a bug? I can post a screenie when I get home from work, if no one believes me.

I think I figured this one out. I got one of those phantom colonies on one of my provinces - one of those annoying ones where it arrives long after I recaptured the province, and persists even during peace, and without borders with the colonizer. Well, I moved an army to the province and noticed I had an option to burn the colony, so I did. Well, the next month rolls around and several of my vassals declare war on me. After pondering this for a minute, I look up and notice that I have 124 infamy. I backtrack to the autosave to verify my suspicions, and indeed, burning the colony gave me 124.1 infamy instantly.

I think I figured this one out. I got one of those phantom colonies on one of my provinces - one of those annoying ones where it arrives long after I recaptured the province, and persists even during peace, and without borders with the colonizer. Well, I moved an army to the province and noticed I had an option to burn the colony, so I did. Well, the next month rolls around and several of my vassals declare war on me. After pondering this for a minute, I look up and notice that I have 124 infamy. I backtrack to the autosave to verify my suspicions, and indeed, burning the colony gave me 124.1 infamy instantly.

Well, that would be it. I do recall burning colonies.

Thanks.

Another Germany here! After 250 relatively peaceful years of Brandenburg slowly but surely diplo-annexing the required territories to form Germany, I'm now going rampant with their newfound cores. Took advantage of Austria finally being crippled by the rebels and crushed them, taking my cores and some extra for the nice borders. Problem now is that I have a lot of vassals in the German region from first being emperor and then disbanding the HRE. Interesting detail: I went protestant in the same year as the formation of Germany and the disbanding of the HRE, with only 2 regions originally being protestant! Go missionaries!
Some house rules: I'm trying to be a good leader for my people, so I accept decisions that are supposed to be nice and democratic, even though they do not really help me game-wise (such as the Dissolution Act), also trying to keep my infamy under 10 to go with the 'good ruler'-play, although the rest of the world doesn't really think of me that way I guess :rolleyes:

Also, the Swiss must be shitting their pants now, 120K army 'casually' reorganising at their borders, the same army that just crushed their best friend..

Last edited:
Greco-venetian republic. A unified Italy with Venice.
QQ20111008005557.png

That's a really nice Golden Horde. I'm playing a Golden Horde game right now myself, but I'm still in the early 1400s and I don't think I'm being quite as aggressive as you. Still, I've expanded a fair bit already, haven't had to deal with a succession crisis yet though.

Sorry to bore you guys again lol... Just thought Id share the outcome of my most recent EU3 game...

Played as Milan forming Italy... Formed Italy really early (1451) so a good start... United the boot and then through a couple of wars vassalized Burgandy and released Byzantime as a vassal also... It was then I decided to work towards recreating a loose version of the roman empire lol with myself as Italy at the centre... And Burgandy as the Western Empire and Byzantime as the Eastern Empire...

Didnt quite manage to complete it as time ran out... And infamy was a difficult lol...

Anyway here is the results...

New Roman Empire Up Close:

Closeup.png

Italy was my core (and my actual country I was playing) it was highly developed and by far the richest nation in the world... I also kept a standing army of 350,000 which I organised into Legions...

Italy Technological Dominance:

Tech.png

I was actually much further ahead in tech... At one stage I was the only green country in the world lol... But some of the one provience minors caught up in the end as I was maxed out lol.

Italy Building Development:

Buildings.png

Buildings were fully maxed out... I ended up having no use for the 6+ Magistrates I was getting each year lol. This is the first time I have ever maxed out buildings...

Italy Diplomacy:

Diplomacy.png

As you can see I have Burgandy and Byzantime as vassals... Also a few random allies and royal marriages... But I mainly kept to myself... I use to wage war to expand both Burgandy and Byzantime and at the end of each war would sell them the taken regions at no cost lol... As I didnt want them for myself as I like my pretty boarders and maxium development too much lol. So basically I used vassals as an extension of myself... Both Burgandy and Byzantime started as only one region each when I made them my vassals...

New Roman Empire in the World:

ItalyWorld.png

Just a map of my empire in the world lol.

Whole World:

World.png

Pretty sweet game lol... My next game Im going to take Navara, migrate to america asap and form a USA empire there while ditching Navara in Europe lol.

Whole World:

World.png

Pretty sweet game lol... My next game Im going to take Navara, migrate to america asap and form a USA empire there while ditching Navara in Europe lol.

What's the brown country around the Hudson's Bay? And the lavender in Yucatan and the Pacific Nortwest?

How did you keep Burgundy and Byzantine as vassals at that size? My only experience with vassals tends to be that they insult me to try and break free if they're too large.

I pay them off frequently lol... Though they werent insulting me... But the relations did drop faster than normal lol... But I basically sent them cash like twice or three times a year lol.

The Empire of The Rising Sun...
JlHF1.jpg

phz3I.jpg

OrUoY.jpg

KEYIA.jpg

And this is a special decision(I think) for japan to industralize(westernize to muslim).
9LFPN.jpg

Before i formed Japan
8WCDF.jpg

World map
QojA1.png

Portugal moved to New world with their capital..