• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A little appendix to show, that I am having a really good game:

As of 1449 The Netherlands are the senior partner in a Personal Union with.... one moment... it's about to come.... FRANCE!

So whenever someone gets on my nervs, I can steamroll him by unleashing the mighty godzilla upon them. I just need to keep them at good terms, to inherit it :)

As of 1449 The Netherlands are the senior partner in a Personal Union with.... one moment... it's about to come.... FRANCE!

So whenever someone gets on my nervs, I can steamroll him by unleashing the mighty godzilla upon them. I just need to keep them at good terms, to inherit it :)

I would keep them under 100.

Bunches of uncored, wrong culture, high RR provinces or the ability to summon 50000 French stormtroopers at will.

I'd go with the latter. :p

TO-->Prussia, 1818, lead PU with Brunswick and Saxony, Holy Roman Emperor:

EU3_1.jpg

EU3_3.jpg

EU3_12.jpg

EU3_4-1.jpg

EU3_MAP_PRU_1818121_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_PRU_1818121_2.jpg

Totally agree with gela1212. Don't try to inherit France until well later. It is much more useful to just have them on a leash for a while. Or, if you can manage to culture shift to something in the French culture group, then it would be safe to inherit away.

I would keep them under 100.

Bunches of uncored, wrong culture, high RR provinces or the ability to summon 50000 French stormtroopers at will.

I'd go with the latter. :p

I don't plan to integrate it. I just wait for normal inheritation, which gives me cores, accepted culture and the ability to summon 50000 dutch stormtroopers that do exactly as i will ;)

333ej5x.jpg

122gegj.jpg

My quick Morocco game, its a pain. I'm trying to westernize but I keep getting crappy heirs and stupid -1 stab events. I have 4 armies of 20k units and 1 army of 8k but right now they're reinforcing, as you can see though I'm a bit low on manpower because of my last war with Ethiopia.

EDIT: By the way Burgundy and Armagnac ate up France and then Armagnac broke up. Poland ate Lithuania, Poland and Hungary joint attacked the now gone Golden Horde and the Timurids were very close to bordering me until they overextended and broke up into small pieces, they ended up conquering almost all of the Middle East and Balkans.

Last edited:
I don't plan to integrate it. I just wait for normal inheritation, which gives me cores, accepted culture and the ability to summon 50000 dutch stormtroopers that do exactly as i will ;)

Unless you culture shift to something in the french cultural region, Holland/Netherlands is default Dutch culture, which is German. If you inherit France as Dutch culture, the entirety of France will be without cores.

@impspy
Do you mind telling me your settings ?game difficulty and such.Because that looks awesome for some reason

I play on Normal difficulty with low agressiveness.

That's a pretty good looking Europe! Have you helped any of them along? Or is that decent looking map just a freak of nature?

Yes, that map does have some ingame help, although if you really want to you can sort of force the AI to act semi-sane:

a) Most important: don't be afraid to give your allies provinces in peace deals.

b)Sell or give up claims on provinces that make your borders ugly (or, conquer until they are clean)

c)Force the AI to give up cores on other countries that would make the borders messy.

d)When you are the most powerful, try to get involved in any wars near you if you can dictate the peace

e) Conquer provinces for the AI. With Imperialism you can afford to gift conquered provinces to the AI (both friend and foe, if you so wish) and You should be able to burn through the infamy in know time.

EDIT: I also modded out the new horde feature, which helps clean up Eastern Europe considerably.

Unless you culture shift to something in the french cultural region, Holland/Netherlands is default Dutch culture, which is German. If you inherit France as Dutch culture, the entirety of France will be without cores.

Hm... so in 25 years, hen I get the core on Artois, which is Wallonian culture (french group) and I transfer my capital there, shift my primary culture and then try to inherit France I will get cores?

Hm... so in 25 years, hen I get the core on Artois, which is Wallonian culture (french group) and I transfer my capital there, shift my primary culture and then try to inherit France I will get cores?

You don't actually need cores. You just need over 50% of your provinces to be one of the French cultures, and transfer capital. You could even release utrecht and friesland as vassals if you needed fewer dutch provinces. That's what I'd do anyway. With France on a leash you shouldn't have to worry about security.

You don't actually need cores. You just need over 50% of your provinces to be one of the French cultures, and transfer capital. You could even release utrecht and friesland as vassals if you needed fewer dutch provinces. That's what I'd do anyway. With France on a leash you shouldn't have to worry about security.

He needs the core for capital shift. xD

Edit: Also, towards your question, you are correct. You just need to shift to any culture in the French culturegroup.