• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im my game, my liege (France) have almost conquered all the Africa. And I am his general, too bad my liege aint HRE because then I would entitle me as Erwin Rommel and his Afrika Korps trying to seize all in Africa and the (sea)road to India!

Although I got angry and finished off a save, my proudest one was uniting England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland together and then inheriting a large Kingdom of France which had gained all the land in Africa.

Unfortunatly the consequences of this meant that I had to put down rebellions across the French holdings only to then have a massive civil war at home when my old king died and having to defend a HRE invasion, leading to me losing all of France and Africa and spending the next 20 years putting down constant civil wars.

My Lower Lorraine -> Lotharingia (that golden blob between France and HRE) game using the More Kingdoms mod. Really pleased with myself thus far.

ck2_2.jpg

Will be interesting to see what the Mongols can do when they arrive too.

So this is my empire after my third attempt of playing the danish royal family. I restarted again and again as i learned the game mechanics and wanted to improve my starting position.

I started by saving lots of money, then hired a small merchenary company and with help from my royal levies I conquered finland and the heathens close by. that gave me a high piety that I used to set up my anti pope, which gave me a monthly income of 58 gold Oo

With that amount of money i hired more merchenaries and started conquering spain. With my income I can hire 2 knightly orders and still earn about 18 gold a turn.
On the family side I married into the roayle house of poland and I maried of my son to the future queen of hungary. 3 generations later I was able to get poland by pressing my claim, my first son is the king of hungary, but it seems like the nobles of both denmark and poland preffere my second son. So my kingdom will properly splinter when the current king dies. A good reason to save money. Now if I could just become emperor so I could hold my kingdoms together <.<

ck22.png

ck24.png

just as a side note, is there a way to rename this thread? i absolutely refuse to post in an "empire" thread, whereas this game is about dynasties. apparently my "post your dynasty thread" isnt as well liked as this one, but could we rename this one? please? for the flavor, i need the flavor! :)

just as a side note, is there a way to rename this thread? i absolutely refuse to post in an "empire" thread, whereas this game is about dynasties. apparently my "post your dynasty thread" isnt as well liked as this one, but could we rename this one? please? for the flavor, i need the flavor! :)
I Folkpartiet agree! It would also be nice if most people post a dynasty map with their borders.

My Byzantine game so far. Been easygoing since I can levy an army of 100,000 men and whereas the second strongest nation is the HRE and they can only raise 20,000ish.

A4938FCB860866D011B9BFDDCF0C705F88D4C81B

Here's the extent of the Kingdom of Wales under Queen Blanca 1 in 1251:
attachment.php

It used to include the county of Tyrconnell but it was inherited by a breton count at some point.

King Harald won the war for England but this only caused the crown of Norway to constantly fight civil wars between separatists and claimants for the throne of England. I think this never-ending state of affairs in England is what allowed to slowly but surely gobble up Ireland and parts of Scotland.

Not picture here but Iberia is in pretty bad shape. No iberian kingdom standing (Castille, Leon and Navarra all have been destroyed in one or another), the House of Jimena is slowly dying out, Beja controls most of the peninsula and the rest is fought over by Mauretania, the HRE, France and the dying duchy of Galicia.

I have the dynasty map mode screenshot as well but since all that my dynasty holds is in the crown of Wales, it doesn't really add anything:
attachment.php

Here you can see part of the Guethenoc branch of the Mathrafal house:
attachment.php

Fernando I died 3 years after his crowning, fighting in another war of independance in Ireland. His daughter of 3 then took over and the Duchess of Ulster, Ben-Mide I, became regent. Everything went smoothly for 13 years... But when the regency ended, Ben-Mide immediately started to plot against the Queen to take her out and inherit the throne of Ireland (whose laws are Agna-Cogna Elective, compared to the strictly A/C Primogeniture of Wales). Followed a long, drawn out series of wars (Carrick Independance, Duchy of the Isles Independence, Cornwall Independence, Ulster war to depose the Queen) that ended as you see above, with Wales still unified.

I must add that the House of Mathrafal started out Welsh but has slowly become more and more Irish for, huh, obvious reasons I guess. Less obvious is that a big part of the House is Castillan(!) due to one of the queen consorts. For instance, Fernando I was a castillan king of Wales while his father, Guéthénoc, was breton. Blanca I is welsh.

Here's a screenshot of the summary you see when resigning:
attachment.php

Fernando broke a long line of fantastic rulers. Hopefully Blanca 1 will survive long enough to beat the record! She inherited at 3 after all ;)

My Kingdom of Burgundy ruled by de Savoie dynasty. Had a hard time trying to get independence from the HRE but I suddenly got it when I won a war against another vassal.(not exactly sure how it happened but I dont mind :p)

After getting independence I lost the duchy of Savoi itself to the Kaiser but I managed to took some of it back from fighting rebelling vassals and inheritance. Then I captured Toulouse from the Sultan of Africa but they kept trying to get it back so a few decades ago I invaded Tunis to make them stop. I also captured Sicily from Cyreinica two years ago. Im a bit afraid of France altho they are having alot of problems with the duchies of Aquitane (which is very big..) and Bourbon rebelling, they even managed to make the King switch to elective succession. Another threat is Mauretania which recently captured most of Iberia.

So here's Europe in 1277 (Im between France and HRE)
ck223.jpg

ck2map9.jpg

more dynastie map mode less boring political borders :(

There's a Post Your Dynasty thread, y'know, if you really want dynasties.

funny you know, i made that thread :) but no one seems to care about it and i do like seeing political borders as well, just wanted to encourage everyone to take additional dynasty map mode screens (if they dont want the dynasty thread at least i might get to see the interesting stuff in here if i whine about it a lil bit ^^)

funny you know, i made that thread :) but no one seems to care about it and i do like seeing political borders as well, just wanted to encourage everyone to take additional dynasty map mode screens (if they dont want the dynasty thread at least i might get to see the interesting stuff in here if i whine about it a lil bit ^^)

I think people don't want to show them is because unless you've installed dynasty members in other independent realms it doesn't really differ from 'Independent Realms' map.
It'd be much better if it would be based on 'direct vassals' mapmode so it would actually show that I've installed my family members in HRE as dukes etc....

How do you guys have such large kingdoms? I am in the late 1290's and still only own half of Iberia.

saudos dun galeguiño dende viena!

well, the key to expansion in iberia is to go reconquista-style obviously. in my game (on page 3) i secured the straits of gibraltar to go on conquering northern africa. once you run out of the holy war casus belli, inviting claimants from your dynasty to your court is the best way to conquer whole duchies. therefore, its good having spread your dynasty previously, but you can also use a claim from a vassal as long as the title he claims is lower than yours.

i also dont think that fabricating claims is a good thing. ive succeeded once but it takes way too much time in my opinion (even a brilliant spymaster has only a chance of 10% i think)
theres a guide in the ck2 forum that should address the cb-thing too, i think (==> click me!)

Last edited:
Meine uber danmark! Jaaa

2012-02-20_00001.jpg

C'est mon Denmark, on normal mode, about 100 years into the game, just waiting till casius bellis recharge then declaring war on Norway and Sweden for more land, time for un tres grand Scandanavia!