Please Market Eldritch Realms at Me

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

davrovana

Second Lieutenant
Sep 25, 2022
So it's coming June 2nd, according to the anniversary announcements?

The following things are not happening:

- I lie awake at night, wondering what Eldritch Realms will be like
- I tell my therapist to stop asking about my mother, so that I can instead talk about Eldritch Realms
- I drive away my friends and family, by incessantly talking about which new tomes may be in Eldritch Realms, even after they have asked me to stop (at least fifteen times)
- I visit hospices, comforting the dying & ill, yet pressuring them that they need to hang on until at least June 2nd, when the next next Age Of Wonders 4 Expansion releases

Why are these things not happening? Because NO ONE is teasing me about what Eldritch Realms will be like!

Please help to hasten the demise of my relationships and personal life - MARKET TO ME!

• 11Haha
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
See that's how you market expansion about eldritch horrors you drive people to the precipice of madness, clever move actually.

Now just imagine that it won't be just June or June 2 but tippy-top of the month, like June 28. ;P

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I've been passing the time by re-creating factions from Warhammer, Warcraft and lord of the rings. Fighting alongside Thrall to take on Arthus and Smaug while Khazrak One-Eye tries to intervene, it really makes the game feel like a royal rumble of different game franchises.

Can't wait for all my factions to interact with the Eldritch Realms content.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah i'm super curious about the new content. Maybe some humanoid insect, fish or octopus forms. Maybe a new ''cult'' or ''witchcraft'' culture. Besides the new content i really hope for a ''create folder'' system for the own factions menu/list because i'm at a point where i fear to create new factions cause it's a so rich list that i often struggle to find specific factions xD I never thought, that a small feature like that could be my most wanted request haha :D

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah i'm super curious about the new content. Maybe some humanoid insect, fish or octopus forms. Maybe a new ''cult'' or ''witchcraft'' culture. Besides the new content i really hope for a ''create folder'' system for the own factions menu/list because i'm at a point where i fear to create new factions cause it's a so rich list that i often struggle to find specific factions xD I never thought, that a small feature like that could be my most wanted request haha :D
I'm betting it will re-introduce the Invasion mechanic from Planetfall - some Eldritch beings will start appearing in the world and we'll either join them (maybe receiving some unique tomes?) or join a coalition to fight them. I'm assuming they would be the Shadow Demons from AoW:SM or perhaps the Voidbringers from PF themselves, thus linking the two games (unlikely but possible).

Reactions:
I'm hoping for a new ruler option: I love the concept of non-humanoid rulers, like the Dragon Lords. Playing as an Eldritch Horror, infecting mortal minds, sounds epic. I just hope that we won't be stuck as 'pure evil' - there are eldritch beings (like the Elder Gods) that were benevolent (or at least ambivalent) to mortals in Lovecraftian Fiction.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I'm hoping for a new ruler option: I love the concept of non-humanoid rulers, like the Dragon Lords. Playing as an Eldritch Horror, infecting mortal minds, sounds epic. I just hope that we won't be stuck as 'pure evil' - there are eldritch beings (like the Elder Gods) that were benevolent (or at least ambivalent) to mortals in Lovecraftian Fiction.

Speaking of playing as a Eldritch Horror, the main villain of Shadow Magic was one. Although, he was clearly Evil and was considered a Wizard King mechanic-wise. (Death 4/Fire 1/Earth 1 if I recall correctly)

Speaking of playing as a Eldritch Horror, the main villain of Shadow Magic was one. Although, he was clearly Evil and was considered a Wizard King mechanic-wise. (Death 4/Fire 1/Earth 1 if I recall correctly)

TBF all Rulers were considered Wizard Kings as far as gameplay goes in Age of Wonders 2 and Shadow Magic, even those that might be more fitting as Champions now.
There just wasn't any different ruler type at the time.