• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nightgerbil

Second Lieutenant
46 Badges
Jun 7, 2016
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
Seriously: fuck new features. Just please repair the game. fix enatic clans so they aren't broken/break the game. Fix it so that lovers break up events don't fire when your the lover of your spouse/concubine, breaking up the lovefest and leaving you with the neg opinion modifer. Fix it so the pope doesn't constantly excommunicate me for reasons only he understands and after lifting it, re excommunicates me within 3 days. This is killing the catholic world, with every king ex commed. Fix it so that UNLESS your a pagan warrior lodge demi god, going into battle is suicide: but if you are a demi god you grow to darthvader style ludicrousness. sure its fun to play at doing that once or twice... once or twice.

Can you please fix it so if I reform a pagan faith, choosing heirocratic leadership, I dont inherit the religion title and thus game over myself because theocracies aren't playable? Can we talk about broken bloodlines and how they don't pass onto children if I have a consort? or if the father dies before the child is born? Speaking of fathers dying: its STILL a "feature" that if my dude dies while his wife is pregnant, the child is born of her dynasty not mine: with ultimogenture that means game over. I can keep going... but you already know all this and more. Please. Please just fix this beautiful game. I don't need to play a panda. (for the record I want to play a panda). Please fix the bugs :(

It really is a shame they're comfortable with leaving the game in its current state for so long.

Based on the Jade Dragon patch schedule does't even look like well see fixes until Mid May.

The barber has been broken for female characters since the release of 3.0 and Holy Fury, which while it's graphical and doesn't effect gameplay, is one of the most glaring bugs I've seen in this game and has been an issue for a while now. Really surprises me there hasn't been a patch (or another hotfix) for some of these issues that are still there.

While I agree that there are issues with CK2 currently (some even game-breaking ones that require fixing, like going on a pilgrimage to a saint's burial place and getting stuck there), Holy Fury is hands down the best DLC Paradox has made in years, probably.

I'm very, very happy with it and I hope we get more of this in the future. Along with lots of bug fixing, of course.

While bugfixes are of course a key part of the development process and needed in some areas, I can't see why you'd want Paradox to lock them behind a DLC. Historically, they've been part of free patches and, in my opinion, should continue to be released with them, rather than be paid for. Paradox has already announced that some free updates coming this year with a focus on polishing and bugfixing, and there's simply no need to lobby that those changes be made paid instead.

While bugfixes are of course a key part of the development process and needed in some areas, I can't see why you'd want Paradox to lock them behind a DLC. Historically, they've been part of free patches and, in my opinion, should continue to be released with them, rather than be paid for. Paradox has already announced that some free updates coming this year with a focus on polishing and bugfixing, and there's simply no need to lobby that those changes be made paid instead.

yeah just lol at paying for bug fixes. If OP meant bug fixes instead of dlc well that's different. Doesn't look like we are getting any dlc (well, one we need to pay for) this year anyway.

It was just hyperbole, people - nightgerbil doesn't really want to pay for bug fixes. He (or she?) obviously means "don't work on anything new until you've thoroughly fixed the old".

You forgot the religion conversion bug, where the newly converted temple priests just run away from their holdings once converted. Aaaand all those achievements reported not working, most of them regarding reforming government, religion and such.

While I agree that there are issues with CK2 currently (some even game-breaking ones that require fixing, like going on a pilgrimage to a saint's burial place and getting stuck there), Holy Fury is hands down the best DLC Paradox has made in years, probably.

I'm very, very happy with it and I hope we get more of this in the future. Along with lots of bug fixing, of course.

Holy Fury is indeed a truly superb DLC...which makes it all the more surprising that they haven't fixed some of the more serious bugs. I just saw a highly amusing post on reddit which showed the Pope excommunicating the last Catholic king left in Europe. I had to laugh.

I'm guessing the Pope needs quite a lot of code adding to fix him, rather than being a simple bug squash. They have tried in previous patches but he still just spams the Excom button for fun and can really spoil Catholic playthroughs.

Maybe the next DLC could be focused on coding some better AI for him...'Papal Serenity' is my title of choice for it.

Last edited: