• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emfatic

Second Lieutenant
30 Badges
May 17, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Magicka 2
  • Prison Architect
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
One splash screen says that you can kill an avatar and take on its special abilities. Has anyone ever done this? What exactly does this mean? I guess you'd have to invoke one but not have the win condition set or else the game would end.

Pretty sure nothing actually happens, it's just a victory condition. Though I have never even summoned an avatar, I've never heard anything about it actually giving you abilities for defeating one.

How to activate avatars.

-Mass build temples on either "Holy Land" OR convert a bunch of cities into cities devout to 1 god OR mass Build a god building inside your town for that +5 favor
-The opposite of the god you reach +100 favor with will get jealous and materialize within 10-20 turns of reaching +100 favor
-When god materializes kill them with your super beefed up heroes (Heroes that have legendary artifacts YOU made with the spell and spell buffs out the ***)
-When Said avatar dies you take their powers get a little cutscene and win the game. I defeated Agrela BTW and she's a pain because she keeps running away and healing herself. When you take agrela's power you get a divine and peaceful victory saying your power and kindness is unmatched yada yada.

Last edited:
Thats really odd Pure Undead + Crypta and you and the game being good and full of life, so if i go Agrela and spread all the good and life terrain after i defeat the Avatar of Crypta it will say that im evil ? Should Agrela be thankful and turn me into her vassal or something then i use these power to crush the other great mages, that would do much more sense as a ending sequence.

I think it somewhat makes sense because when you become a god, you no longer care about serving under a god. That said you probably wouldn't be able to use agrela's powers if you didn't change to "good". It's confusing either way you look at it and they could have done alot better you're right.

If you want a challenge it's possible to capture the avatar and play it as you would any other hero or army character with leveling up etc. I have a looooong game in which I captured every avatar and then took a screen shot of them all together. Just wanted to see if I could mostly.