• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

co_martsu

Colossal Order CEO
Colossal Order Dev
1 Badges
Aug 25, 2010
  • Colossal Order Staff
Hi everyone!

It was intense voting on the vehicles for the Player's Choice vehicle DLC. So many good candidates and only five spots...

The following vehicles have made it in already:

1. Tatra KT4Dm
2. London Underground 'S' stock
3. Ikarus 280
4. MAN Lion's City GL
5. Nova Bus LFSA

All the suggestions will remain in our minds for possible upcoming DLC so please don't be sad even if your favourite didn't make it this time :)

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I hoped so long that we get at least 3 Vehicles from the Tram/Subway/Waterbus poll .. now we don't get the Berlin HK Train .. damn it.

Hi!
Will it be possible to set a second cab car at the end of the London Underground 'S' Stock? Otherwise it looks very bad, like the other trains in CIM2 also looks bad without a second Cab car at the end of the trains.

Hi!
Will it be possible to set a second cab car at the end of the London Underground 'S' Stock? Otherwise it looks very bad, like the other trains in CIM2 also looks bad without a second Cab car at the end of the trains.

This is indeed really important. This was one of my main concerns of the Metro DLC and Karolina said that this is issue will be definitely address still no control cars on the end.

Same problem with the KT4D is the double traction of the trams. Will it be possible to couple two of these trains? Because in real life these tram only operates alone on very small secondary lines..

Yes, a coupling feature for the KT4Dm for up to 3 cars would be an awesome feature. It will be some more work to do, but I would even spent some more money for this cool feature. ;)

Hi!

Ditto this. Besides that I really like the custom train option.

Last edited:
I would really suggest for you guys at CO to take a good look into the whole "modularity" of trams, metros, and even monorails.

With metros it is possible to "design" custom trains. I won't say that it is implemented well, but it is possible. You should definitely consider to make custom train length for all 3 rail-based systems.
Since the metro DLC i have 2 options in my mind which both would also fit nice to trams:

1.: Give the player the option to buy trains at custom length. But do not make it as modular as it is now, just buy pre-defined length between 3-8 cars per train (for trams maybe 1-3) and thats it. Like with the Prospecta Royal M/L, which is basicly the same tram. This could be the option for ALL rail-based vehicles. Just have one basic train in the buy-menu and give the player the option to choose the number of cars while buying it.

or

2.: Make it quite similar as it is now with the metros. So the user buys single vehicles (e.g. single Tatra-trams) and then the user can define how many of the vehicle should be used in the timetable. This makes it easier to dynamically use a number of already bought vehicles (like now with modular metros) but on the downside you get a really messy depot (sometimes I have hundreds of cars in my metro depot and the window doesn't even tell me how many I own! (unacceptable!)). And it also makes it nearly impossible to buy and distinctively use different vehicle types in one depot!

So option 2 gives more freedom but also more headaches!
I would normally prefer option 2 (and the current solution for metro-madness); however, with the current UI I really, really dislike this way of custom trains. It would be perfect with a new UI; however, I know that adapting the UI would be to much of a task for the few resources you guys at CO have and I am okay with this.. Therefore, I would strongly recommend option 1 for both trams as well as replacement for the current metro-system.

If you are not going to change the current metro-system (I expect this) then at least give us the option to sell all cars at once in a depot and show us how many cars are in the depot, please !
And please add driving trailers at the end of the trains for god's sake :)

A last question regarding the London Stock: will it be a modular or non-modular train?

A last question regarding the London Stock: will it be a modular or non-modular train?
Here's hoping it'll be non-modular! Despite playing with the modular metro's from the DLC when I first got it I've always found the non-modular ones from the base game to be better. Is it even possible to build/set a modular metro with the same/similar capacity as the large non-modular metro for anything like the same number of carriages or cost??

? I thought there is only one version of the S Stock?
There is only a difference between the number of cars in a train (7 and 8 cars).
The 2009 Stock isn't the S Stock. The S is for the sub-surface routes and the 2009 for the smaller tube routes

? I thought there is only one version of the S Stock?
There is only a difference between the number of cars in a train (7 and 8 cars).
The 2009 Stock isn't the S Stock. The S is for the sub-surface routes and the 2009 for the smaller tube routes
Yes there is only one type of 'S' stock; 8 car (S8) for the Metropolitan line, and 7 car (S7) for all the other sub-surface lines (District, Circle and Hammersmith & City).
Externally the cars are the same for S7 & S8 trains, the only difference is in internal layout on the S8 trains. All the seating in the S7 trains in longitudinal, the S8 trains have a small amount of traverse seating as the Metropolitan Line serves more distant suburban routes.

Yes there is only one type of 'S' stock; 8 car (S8) for the Metropolitan line, and 7 car (S7) for all the other sub-surface lines (District, Circle and Hammersmith & City).
Externally the cars are the same for S7 & S8 trains, the only difference is in internal layout on the S8 trains. All the seating in the S7 trains in longitudinal, the S8 trains have a small amount of traverse seating as the Metropolitan Line serves more distant suburban routes.

Ahh okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Clearly I'm not from London. :)

Same problem with the KT4D is the double traction of the trams. Will it be possible to couple two of these trains? Because in real life these tram only operates alone on very small secondary lines..

Yes, a coupling feature for the KT4Dm for up to 3 cars would be an awesome feature. It will be some more work to do, but I would even spent some more money for this cool feature. ;)

Just to make sure CO didn't overread this accidentally: Could you have a closer look into this? As many of the existing trams ingame have fixed length and were not intendet for coupling, changes to existing trams would not be necessary ;)

We're really excited to making a Player's Choice DLC though it is always hard to get so many good suggestions and only 5 can make it. Are you happy with the vehicles? Do you feel that something was left out? Let us know how you feel! :)

Unfortunately the scope of the Player's Choice DLC doesn't allow us to add this feature so the tram will be of fixed length. However we'll add this to our suggestions list!

The London S stock will be non-modular.