pillaging teleporters and spell jammers should not grant evil alignement.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

akinata

Major
24 Badges
Jun 8, 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
in a lore perspective you are not destroying ressources for the people but prevent strategic military use of the teleporter AND disable one of the enemy defences.
in a gameplay perspective, pillaging a spell jammer is mandatory depending on your culture traits or greatly helps the attackers into attacking a city.
as for teleporters it is self explanatory...
it severly punish good aligned players.

Reactions:
I've noticed (at least in the case of a Sanctuary) that you can simply occupy the improvement and it will disable it. After occupying a Sanctuary I was able to pillage the rest of the provinces in the city, even before the Sanctuary was pillaged. I suspect the same would be true of teleporters or spelljammers? (Not that I disagree with removing the evil act from pillaging Spelljammers, but at least there is a method to bypass it).

Reactions:
I've noticed (at least in the case of a Sanctuary) that you can simply occupy the improvement and it will disable it. After occupying a Sanctuary I was able to pillage the rest of the provinces in the city, even before the Sanctuary was pillaged. I suspect the same would be true of teleporters or spelljammers? (Not that I disagree with removing the evil act from pillaging Spelljammers, but at least there is a method to bypass it).
yes but that means putting a unit there while the attack is a bout to happen. which could also get wiped out by an external force while you main force is sieging.
i hope pillaged sector cannot get rebuild while the city is being sieged tho... or it would negate the purpose of that pillaging.

• 1Like
Reactions: