• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(235228)

Private
1 Badges
Nov 20, 2010
  • Iron Cross
PICTURES FOR PROVINCES PROJECT
Hi people!
Recently I discovered that is posible to assign a picture for each province, also for that ones without urban terrain. I am not very experienced with the forum but I´ll try to put some of the gradually in packs.

I dont know if Darkest Hour will include this unique pictures in the inicial launching or if it scheduled to provide it. In this way we can share with them the pics.As you can sea I love graphic improvements, province included. The same few images evereday are so boring.

What is Province Pics Pack?
Its a project to assign a full color picture for the provinces in the Iron Cross map. The idea is not to put a pic in every province, +6000 is a great work, but to the most important.

I´ve tried to use photos who reflect the provinces in the WWII times. This is not always easy. For example, most Europe cities have old town so I use it frequently. Not all the pics reflect the main province city, some are urban views other are nature landscapes. For many islands or atolls I´ve took aerial photos. If you find any picture not corresponding the region report to me, the same if you have a better photo.

Whick provinces are included?
The important countries involved in the war will have more pics than the others. Dont wait Siberian provinces, central Africa or Himalaya with pics. I have never cross this places with any division. My idea is to put pictures in every island, province with port and urban type terrain province.
I use the borders at the beginning of the 1933 Scenario as reference of the countries I talk below.

The Work itself:
AREAS INCLUDED:
- All Europe Provinces, from Finland to Spain, from Ireland to Romania
- Caribe Islands including Cuba
- Japan
- Pacific Islands, almost with pics
- Soviet Union, not all of them but the World War II notable territories.
- North Africa: Sudan, Egypt, Italian territories but no french ones.
- USA main cities, some of them
- South America: capitals, coastal or other important cities

Some examples of this work

Ideas are well received. This job is thougth for Iron Cross map, the biggest one. But Urban Terrain provinces will work with other HoI2 versions.

So, tell me your impresions about this.

The second version
Province Pics v2.0 (1682 pics)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFO14ZKO

P.S.: If any error, there some i am discovering slowly, i will preciate to report in this post. Some provinces are a trouble because same name or like than others.

Last edited:
Perfect

The team will add this feature in the first patch, an example with your mod:

Attachments

• imag_prov.PNG
    imag_prov.PNG
    420,9 KB · Views: 1.493
Hungary?
If needed, I will try to find pictures for all hungarian core provinces.

Hi Turul! Hungary is on work now. So when finished check if you like it and the accouracy of the pictures. i think the map regions are the Regions of the modern Hungary, aren´t there? So I tried to put some landscapes and some city photos.

I´m spanish, so Spain and Portugal are well known for me. But i was never in Hungary so i dont know its geography. If you want, send me the photos

Critics are very well received

Sure! At least the capital and many other important cities and port, Europa is easier to work but there some good pics of Latin America. But the idea is not to cover all the continent, in Mexico for example i will put 5 to 10 pics i guess, but all is ampliable in the future. In the next version you could see some of them: Mexico City, Tijuana, Acapulco as i can remenber.
If you want to check the fidelity of the pics of Mexico or others do it.

Now you need landscape a picture, or a picture about the city which shares it's name with the province?:D

All the hungarian pics will be released soon, tomorrow i guess. If you can valorate them would be great. I have made a mix of cities landscapes and nature ones, i didn´t knew Hungary is so plain :p

Thats it, its done, only wait a few.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
As i comunicated in the Turkey Independence War scenario post, I will create a little upgrade patch with the provinces of this scenario that have not picture yet. Maybe some corrections and other sites pictures will be added (p.e. Stalingrad).
In few days you will have it.
Bye

Any chance to recover this pack?

Maybe I could use some pics for my project