• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AwesomeKeith

Captain
65 Badges
Apr 6, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Peru has both coal and iron, can become a democracy relatively easily, and isn't riddled with other nations' cores. It just doesn't seem to get the credit it deserves. Is there a drawback I've not seen?

China must not be easy mode then even though it has 400 available troops and 500 in reserve that could crush any GP.

Makes sense.
I don't think you've ever played as Qing, given how any civilized power can basically curb-stomp it because of how terrible their units are.

Reactions:
I only have the basic version so China is just a giant glob to me, the substates aren't there.

I don't have HoD.
You really need to get the expansions. The game is basically unplayable without them or mods.

Reactions:
Why? I do fine without the expansions and just mod the game files to suit my needs.

Because it fixes a lot of the issues the game had, such as colonization, naval battles, assimilation, China, railroads, uncivilized nations, the economy, war justification, and adds new things like Great Wars, foreign investments, International Crises, and some other stuff. Plus without the expansions you can't play any of the mods like Divergences of Darkness.

Reactions:
Because it fixes a lot of the issues the game had, such as colonization, naval battles, assimilation, China, railroads, uncivilized nations, the economy, war justification, and adds new things like Great Wars, foreign investments, International Crises, and some other stuff. Plus without the expansions you can't play any of the mods like Divergences of Darkness.
I never install mods.

I lost trust in such things after my Minecraft phase.

What are the 'Great Wars' exactly? Glorified wars?

I never install mods.

I lost trust in such things after my Minecraft phase.

What are the 'Great Wars' exactly? Glorified wars?
First off, what? Mods are one of the number one reasons to even play Paradox games. I would never play a vanilla Paradox game without mods installed because of just how much the games are improved by them.

Great Wars happen after a certain date when war breaks out between two sides with 2 great powers or more per side. Great Wars allow things like dismantling of empires, which forces Great Powers to release most nations that are releasable, and allows the winners to take of the colonies of the losers.

Reactions:
First off, what? Mods are one of the number one reasons to even play Paradox games. I would never play a vanilla Paradox game without mods installed because of just how much the games are improved by them.

Great Wars happen after a certain date when war breaks out between two sides with 2 great powers or more per side. Great Wars allow things like dismantling of empires, which forces Great Powers to release most nations that are releasable, and allows the winners to take of the colonies of the losers.
Dismantling empires is not base game is it isnt it a mod with PDM ore submod GWM

I think dismantling empires is a mod thing. But Great Wars are devastating to the losers even in vanilla V2 (is that what we call the version with all expansions but no mods? I see it used different ways). Great Wars are generally how I make my final push to the #1 spot on the charts with Hawaii or whoever I started out with.