• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eisy

Recruit
6 Badges
Apr 30, 2024
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
Hello, I've been having problems with the game's performance since November. It used to run smoothly, but now it struggles even with little mouse panning. I do run some mods (60 to be exact), but I don't think they're too many to cause such a drop in performance. It's the same or at least a similar playset that I used before this issue occurred. The game runs at around 30 fps with constant stuttering.

I tried changing some graphics settings to medium, but it still stutters a lot. I even tried running it without mods and removing old save games and other files from the game, but the issue persists.

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5
GTX 1050 (<it do be like that)
16GB Ram
SSD (I have the game installed here)

Playset:
Unofficial pATCH
Ultimate Graphics Collection
RICE
VIET
CFP
EPE
Better Barbershop
UPE
CFP+EPE Compatch
Fair Lords and Ladies Expanded
Beautiful Portraits
Stop Leg Shrink
Invite Nobles and Debutantes
The Catholic Trinity
Culture Expanded
CTP
MB+
Succession Expanded
MB Compatches (CE, EPE/CFP, CTP, More Cultural Names)
VSFR + Bookmarks+ Compatch
Ruler Designer
A Spouse Designer
Patrum Scuta (and PSE)
Morven's mods + 1.12 Compatch
Warriors without wombs
Fashionably Unwell
Grant Titles to Anyone
Reincarnate The Dead
Royal Court Explained
Better Executions

TIA :D

We cannot help with modded games here at all. Do you still get this issue in a new campaign started with NO mods at all in use?

If so Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.txt

We cannot help with modded games here at all. Do you still get this issue in a new campaign started with NO mods at all in use?

If so Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.txt
Hello! Apologies for the late reply, but yes, the issue persists even with NO mods and in a new campaign (1066 start date). The aforementioned stuttering mouse panning is also apparent. The framerate hovers between 45 and 55 fps.

Below are the requested files with the exclusion of the exceptions.txt (couldn't find such file).

TIA :)

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    5,9 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    32 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    878 bytes · Views: 0
If you are having trouble attaching dxdiag.txt , try renaming it to say dxdiag.log first.

I'm afraid you have a hardware problem:
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8118MB RAM
As you can see half your memory is unavailable to Windows; this is almost certainly faulty memory but can be other components. 8gb is the bare minimum to run this game and Windows is very likely swapping stuff out to disk so CK3 can run.

Meantime you can try unloading every other app you can before starting the game, and you may as well apply the new Nvidia driver

Sorry for the bad news!