• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spruce

Straight Templar Monk
41 Badges
Jul 30, 2001
Visit site
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
I'm Germany and allied with France. The UK dow's me and the British and all of their dominions send piles of cannon fodder.

After a year or 2 the war exhaustion of Ireland is 100%. Ireland is like a dominion of the UK. Ireland, South-Africa and Australia start begging for seperate peace. I have no land occupied in Ireland ... (the UK rules the seas).

I go the peace negotiation and ask them to become my satelite ... this is accepted. Then after that, Ireland is Germanies satelite and Ireland is at peace (so UK can't help it). Isn't that a bit bogus - or an exploit ?

I mean, how on earth would my diplomats ever get to Ireland, that is a subject to the UK ... and negotiate a peace agreement that makes them switches sides against their previous overlord and choose a new overlord, the enemy that slaugthered thousands of Irish ! And still be at peace with England ? That's something to think about ... :)

I guess you shouldn't be allowed to make deals with the satellites, if you don't occupy any of their land.

Upvote 0
ok, I understand that a beaten nation (WE 100%) is fully willingly to sign anything.

But shouldn't we taken into this equasion that I didn't occupy anything of land in Ireland? In other words - what would they lose from not signing this infavourable peace deal. It's not that I'm holding onto their capital or a fair part of their land?