• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
JoshWeber said:
Holy crap, that's awesome! I've wanted to make India an independent country to play, but I've been to lazy. Any chance of South Africa being indep. too? :D
That's "easy":

- mod revolts.txt to allow SAF to "revolt" from 1836
- load a game as UK
- release SAF
- save
- quit
- (modify savegame to sever ties between SAF and UK, if desirable)
- load game as SAF

:) Rafiki

PS: Mem, feel free to add my "military attitude" and "corporate structure" mods to your list :)

rafiki said:
That's "easy":

- mod revolts.txt to allow SAF to "revolt" from 1836
- load a game as UK
- release SAF
- save
- quit
- (modify savegame to sever ties between SAF and UK, if desirable)
- load game as SAF

PS: Mem, feel free to add my "military attitude" and "corporate structure" mods to your list :)

I can't get South Africa to be released in Vanilla Vicky. Can you do it in VIP? I haven't looked yet. I've only played countries like the US, Sweden, Ottomans, etc. in VIP. They're much more fun now. :D

In vanilla Vicky, you can't release SAF till 1885, hence my first point, the need to mod revolts.txt.

rafiki said:
In vanilla Vicky, you can't release SAF till 1885, hence my first point, the need to mod revolts.txt.

Ah, I skipped that part. :p
I've never played England until 1885. I'll have to give it a shot.

Gezz Inti said:
Thanks a lot. :)
But I couldn't stand the temptation and downloaded ed-fix and rev.txt beforehand. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you noticed and fixed this yourself or not, but I managed to put the event files into the tech folder :rolleyes: so you'll need to move russia, japan favour_eng and flavour_japan out of db/tech and into db/events to make it work right.

The correct version has now been uploaded for anyone else who wants it.

Darkrenown said:
I don't know if you noticed and fixed this yourself or not, but I managed to put the event files into the tech folder :rolleyes: so you'll need to move russia, japan favour_eng and flavour_japan out of db/tech and into db/events to make it work right.

The correct version has now been uploaded for anyone else who wants it.

Oh, no I haven't noticed that. :confused: Well, I'm a bit nervous when it comes to fix such (simple) stuff. Afraid to mess up when there is the slightest possibility to do so. Therefore I'll better ask before I go on:
Do you mean the files named "flavor_eng.txt", "Japan.txt", "flavor_rus.txt" and "russia.txt"? Should I completely cut them out of db/tech and overwrite the ones in db/events?
I know that these questions are dumb, but what the heck... :eek:o
Thanks in advance.

rafiki said:
(...)

Perhaps if you told him where to find them? ;)

Since we're both fairly familiar with VickyWiki and what goes on there, I supposed he had seen them; if not, that he'd ask ;)

Updated. :D

By the way, I've left the actual url's visible just for convenience, but would there be any reason not to put the links into words instead, just to make it look nicer?

Or is it fine this way? Just curious.

Maybe it's clearer this way, Memnon - for newbies I mean :)

Check the first post in this thread for some links to mods.

I've modded my culture_tech file, so that DR's changes to the education modifier and my fix to the malthusian thought is included. This gives the result that colony migration is increased by 50%, and not decreased as it was before.
But, my internet at home didn't work yesterday. I will perhaps upload it today - just so you know :)

G-Klav said:
I've modded my culture_tech file, so that DR's changes to the education modifier and my fix to the malthusian thought is included. This gives the result that colony migration is increased by 50%, and not decreased as it was before.
But, my internet at home didn't work yesterday. I will perhaps upload it today - just so you know :)
When you upload it, give me the link and, hopefully, a short description, and I'll post it. :)