• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have also noticed at gamestart or after restart when pausing the game, that two vehicles are dispatched within short time. This is normally related to the fact, that the sceduled time was around the time the game was started or restarted. Then the game tries to bring the vehicle, that just should have been send out and directly after that the next vehicle.

But this should not appear randomly during a running game.

Hmmn, for me it seems to happen throughout the whole game; any depot of any transportation type whether underground or above ground would once in a while dispatch two vehicles at the same time. And I honestly have never seen this before this patch otherwise I would've brought it up. Only after this patch, I have noticed this.

Does everyone else notice that ever since the application of this patch that all the depots would sometimes dispatch 2 vehicles at the same time instead of one? Never seem to notice that before this patch...

I've noticed it for a while but ONLY when I first start a line. It seems to send out a vehicle immediately then will send out the first 'scheduled' run. If you start your line say half an hour before the first scheduled run it will only send one vehicle.

I've noticed it for a while but ONLY when I first start a line. It seems to send out a vehicle immediately then will send out the first 'scheduled' run. If you start your line say half an hour before the first scheduled run it will only send one vehicle.

It's probably a bug, but it does have one positive aspect: usually the first run vehicle gets full very quickly - it has to collect all the passengers who go to stops even though the service has just started operating - usually they get angry red face. Additional vehicle can help in this case.

It's probably a bug, but it does have one positive aspect: usually the first run vehicle gets full very quickly - it has to collect all the passengers who go to stops even though the service has just started operating - usually they get angry red face. Additional vehicle can help in this case.

I agree I don't mind the extra vehicle that's why I never reported it. Especially on long lines.

On a further note, I just noticed that the vehicle-won't-leave-crowded-stop issue that was fixed for vehicles in this patch still exists for Waterbuses. :( Please see attached screenshot and link for my saved game for illustration of this issue. As you can see from the game, for Waterbus Stop 28, the amount of passengers waiting exceeded 1000+ and the waterbus that came to pick up those passengers is not able to close its doors to leave and all the waterbuses came after it just pile up behind it. I first thought it might be that the stop was too crowded that the waterbus just can't move out (this is another issue btw especially with stops that serve more than 1 line of opposite directions) but no when I noticed that its doors are wide open then I realized it's the same problem as the stop problems with the other vehicles. I would have no choice now but to delete the waterbus that's stuck and then all the subsequent waterbus would be able to go into the stop. It's just that this problem wasn't noticed before with waterbuses.

I wanted to post this in the Technical Support Thread for Bugs but thought that CO has already addressed this crowded-stop issue with this patch, this is just the left over of it so I thought I post it here. If CO can take a look at it, that would be great.

Thanks

BusyStop_DoorsWontClose.JPG

https://mega.co.nz/#!C5ZzlLqJ!A0f0GHxRu7MTN6hybzTn_IFGNDEtWnHtMGeYxY8RIuA

As you can see from the game, for Waterbus Stop 28, the amount of passengers waiting exceeded 1000+ and the waterbus that came to pick up those passengers is not able to close its doors to leave and all the waterbuses came after it just pile up behind it.
Thanks

Haha, it reminds me of my home city, Warsaw, where the commuter train station are always so crowded and the train coming to the station so small that when people stuff themselves inside, the doors can never close and the train cannot leave the station. :) It's nice to hear that in some aspects this game takes care about reality. :p

On a further note, I just noticed that the vehicle-won't-leave-crowded-stop issue that was fixed for vehicles in this patch still exists for Waterbuses. :( Please see attached screenshot and link for my saved game for illustration of this issue. As you can see from the game, for Waterbus Stop 28, the amount of passengers waiting exceeded 1000+ and the waterbus that came to pick up those passengers is not able to close its doors to leave and all the waterbuses came after it just pile up behind it. I first thought it might be that the stop was too crowded that the waterbus just can't move out (this is another issue btw especially with stops that serve more than 1 line of opposite directions) but no when I noticed that its doors are wide open then I realized it's the same problem as the stop problems with the other vehicles. I would have no choice now but to delete the waterbus that's stuck and then all the subsequent waterbus would be able to go into the stop. It's just that this problem wasn't noticed before with waterbuses.

I wanted to post this in the Technical Support Thread for Bugs but thought that CO has already addressed this crowded-stop issue with this patch, this is just the left over of it so I thought I post it here. If CO can take a look at it, that would be great.

Thanks

View attachment 101373

https://mega.co.nz/#!C5ZzlLqJ!A0f0GHxRu7MTN6hybzTn_IFGNDEtWnHtMGeYxY8RIuA

That's not an issue with a crowded stop. Thats an issue with the waterbus needing a place to turn around and the drivers being too stupod to get out of each other's ways.

You either need to reduce service or build another pier and reroute lines.

I have already suggested to CO that piers have terminals allowing more than one ferry to dock at a time.

That's not an issue with a crowded stop. Thats an issue with the waterbus needing a place to turn around and the drivers being too stupod to get out of each other's ways.

You either need to reduce service or build another pier and reroute lines.

I have already suggested to CO that piers have terminals allowing more than one ferry to dock at a time.

Yes I noticed that also and have already reported that as a bug in the Technical Support forum. Somehow all of sudden waterbuses would just lose their way and don't know which way to exit out of the pier/stop regardless whether the stop was busy or not and regardless how the exit from the pier is rerouted and it doesn't matter whether the pier is in wide open sea or is stuck in a narrow gorge. And ironically I have a stop that's squished right in between two huge tall gorges that it's one of the narrowest stop and yet waterbuses who stop there never get stuck there; somehow as of right now, they were always able to go in and get out via this ONE Waypoint. And yet, I have seen stops with entry and exit rerouted completely far apart in complete seperate directions and the stop is in wide open sea and the waterbus would just stuck there after even dropping off passengers.

Think it's a bug.

Thanks

Last edited:
My water bus line was quite profitable for several days, and then of course I got the "Not enough vehicles in the depot" message... So I looked and it turned out the water buses now don't reach the final pier, instead they stop just short of it, and the passengers can't get off! Adding waypoints hasn't helped the boats find their way to the stop, I am having to sell them and buy new ones all the time.

Also, once I did that a few times, passengers (maybe from one of the sold boats? Heh!) showed up at a waypoint in the water waiting for something that never arrives...

It's not an issue of loading passengers, or space for turning around - the boats now stop just before the final stop and don't unload.

Are these known bugs, is there a solution, or do I have to delete the line and start over with it?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Are these known bugs, is there a solution, or do I have to delete the line and start over with it?

I don't know what is the nature of this bug, but you don't have to delete the whole line. You can either close the line (the small green dot in the top right corner of the line's window) and reopen it again or, even better, click on the vehicle which is causing the bottleneck and sell it (red cross I think). There is a big chance that the bug only concerned this one vehicle and next vehicles should approach the peer normally. If not, use the first option.

Jasiek: thanks a lot! Selling the vehicles didn't do anything, but closing and reopening the line helped. For now! :) I'll be watching the pier for a few more days. Oh, and the stranded passengers disappeared from the waypoint, too! Yay!

even better, click on the vehicle which is causing the bottleneck and sell it (red cross I think). There is a big chance that the bug only concerned this one vehicle and next vehicles should approach the peer normally. If not, use the first option.
You don't have to sell it, if you have more than 1 depot you can transfer it to another depot, and then transfer it back to the original depot.

My water bus line was quite profitable for several days, and then of course I got the "Not enough vehicles in the depot" message... So I looked and it turned out the water buses now don't reach the final pier, instead they stop just short of it, and the passengers can't get off! Adding waypoints hasn't helped the boats find their way to the stop, I am having to sell them and buy new ones all the time.

Also, once I did that a few times, passengers (maybe from one of the sold boats? Heh!) showed up at a waypoint in the water waiting for something that never arrives...

It's not an issue of loading passengers, or space for turning around - the boats now stop just before the final stop and don't unload.

Thanks!

I don't think it's a space issue either. I think it's a pathfinding issue of waterbuses just not able to find the path to their next destination, whether it's a waypoint or another stop. For some reason, once in a while, the waterbuses would just lose their way and would forever trudge back and forth in the water and not moving even though their way is totally clear in front of them, not blocked by any other waterbuses and their way to the next waypoint or stop is clearly marked in front of them but they just won't go. Majority of the time it's after they have loaded or unloaded passengers. But I guess it can happen in the middle of their journey although I haven't encountered that SO FAR. And the only solution right now is to either sell the waterbus that's lost and is blocking all the other waterbuses or move it around the depots.

I have already reported this in the Technical Support and Bugs forum. It's yet to be responded to by CO.

IMO its a space issue.

I had that issue as well with some maps. After changing the routing and moving waypoints the issue did not appear again. The way the waterbuses approach and leave a terminal seems to be the issue, what would be in line with the reports in this threat so far.

IMO its a space issue.

I had that issue as well with some maps. After changing the routing and moving waypoints the issue did not appear again. The way the waterbuses approach and leave a terminal seems to be the issue, what would be in line with the reports in this threat so far.

Tried that by moving the waypoints around and try not to have the waterbuses going into the stop and coming back from stop using the same waypoints, tried to have waypoints far apart... Does NOT work. I actually have a stop that's all there by itself with no any other stops on either of its side, waypoints going in and coming out widely apart and still the same problem from time to time. The line would run fine for many days even weeks and then all of sudden, the waterbus, after having picked up or dropped off the passengers at the stop, as if having a mental breakdown or something, it just decides to sit at the stop, refuses to come out of the stop and all the subsequent waterbuses after it would just pile up behind it waiting to go into the stop and the depot would run out of waterbuses. The only thing you can do is to sell the vehicle that's stuck at the stop and all the other waterbuses would go into the stop one by one and carry on from there and the problem would be solved until the next time. Very annoying.

I reported this problem already in the Technical Support and Bug Report thread on Feb. 11 complete with saved game link, almost 2 weeks ago and so far no response from anyone. :sad:

Last edited: