• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice patch!

Observed some issues with it though:
Pathfinding to exchange lines has been massively improved, good work. Overall pathfinding is still broken, just observed a retiree taking the same line 3 times (in different directions but twice at the same spots!) and overall changing lines 12 times where 3 lines would have been enough to get to his target...Its not a 1 time issue, observed a number of people, some seem to work, but quite a number just gets losts within the system and takes forever to arrive at their destination and takes massive detours.

Another thing, it seems u really decreased the potential ticket prices? Had a savegame with about 30tram lines and a few buslines. Prepatch i had ticketprices of 200+ for 2zone or 3 zone monthly tickets. After patch i can only have em below 100 to actually stop the "prices too high" warning? The system bounced quite a bit between deepred and blue prices while i was trying to figure out the new balance of prices. Might just have been an issue with existing savegames, will try it in a new game later on.

Lastly, the number transported per line, vehicle and stop is awesome!! That was really needed, now the tweaking can start! :) But it seems to be bugged for existing lines, have a line with daily 5k+ passengers, it says the average daily userbase is 700, even though line has been in operation with these many passengers for quite a while? Again, might be an issue of existing savegames and its not a real issue since i can just look at all lines at 23pm to check what their daily usage was, will have a look at new sandbox games later on.

Edit: Nearly forgot, got an (maybe easy to implement?) idea for the underground vision issue with roads: Just give us an additional button (similar to the switch to underground view) which just makes roads invisible all together. Its not a perfect solution, transparency and all would be great, bus as long as i can switch the roads off when i need to fiddle with a particular segment of underground rails, it would be fine?

Pathfinding to exchange lines has been massively improved, good work. Overall pathfinding is still broken, just observed a retiree taking the same line 3 times (in different directions but twice at the same spots!) and overall changing lines 12 times where 3 lines would have been enough to get to his target...Its not a 1 time issue, observed a number of people, some seem to work, but quite a number just gets losts within the system and takes forever to arrive at their destination and takes massive detours.?
Yep, unfortunently have noticed the same...One passenger took bus line 500 one stop, transferred to tram 10 for one stop, got off and transferred to bus 511 at the same stop that bus 500 would have stopped at.

Nice patch!

Edit: Nearly forgot, got an (maybe easy to implement?) idea for the underground vision issue with roads: Just give us an additional button (similar to the switch to underground view) which just makes roads invisible all together. Its not a perfect solution, transparency and all would be great, bus as long as i can switch the roads off when i need to fiddle with a particular segment of underground rails, it would be fine?

Well said. I second this solution for the roads obstructing underground view problem.

Thanks CO team for your patience and your quick support!

I think that a loan limit (based on company value), should also be a priority in the future patches. For an expert player, it's too easy to make money, taking huge loans and building huge metro networks from the start.

Here's the change log of the patch that just went live. We hope this helps with a lot of the problems people have been having with the game.

-New feature: Edge mouse scrolling (Can be turned on from the control settings)
-New feature: Quicksave shortcut (Default: F5)
-New feature: Display number of transported passengers for lines, stops and vehicles

-Fixed bug: Citizens don't use the closest stop when interchanging lines (With old saves reactivate the lines to get it fixed)
-Fixed bug: Sometimes ticket price panel suggest you have lower generic prices than vehicle specific prices
-Fixed bug: Spacebar repeats last button click
-Fixed bug: Missing text when a trying to kick a player out of the game
-Fixed bug: Height tools in mapeditor decrease framerate until mouse button is released
-Fixed bug: If timetable has multiple departures at the same time, only one vehicle is dispatched
-Fixed bug: Stops can change number when editing road under them
-Fixed bug: At some locations placing a stop bulldozes adjacent building
-Fixed bug: After line is modified citizens can use wrong stops (even waypoints) until line is paused and reactived
-Fixed bug: Number of waiting passengers at stop turn negative when line is deleted
-Fixed bug: If mouse zoom is disabled, camera movement is slow until you use keyboard to zoom
-Fixed bug: Broken file in the cloud causes empty load game window

-Improvement: Minimap viewport frustum indicator clearer
-Improvement: Underground view display the grid with thinner lines
-Improvement: Green ticket price colors are more easily distinguished
-Improvement: When constructing roads in map editor allow automatic removal of overlapping buildings

This is amazing! Thank you Colossal Order!

I would like to ask you to investigate one problem:
I've been translating the game to Georgian, but in the game the translated strings are empty, as if the game doesn't support UTF-8 encoding, although xml files are in UTF-8 (even the original translations)... And in xml file itself the text is read perfectly in Georgian.
Here is my original thread on translation, you can see the screenshot there: http://www.cimexchange.com/topic/1995-ქართული-georgian/

Thanks for all the feedback! We are continuing to work on the remaining bugs. There might be a bug still with the passengers behavior, I'll have a look at it. Giosal, the problem seems to be that the font the game is using does not have the necessary letters to write Georgian, I'm sorry.

Thanks for all the feedback! We are continuing to work on the remaining bugs. There might be a bug still with the passengers behavior, I'll have a look at it. Giosal, the problem seems to be that the font the game is using does not have the necessary letters to write Georgian, I'm sorry.

That's true, by the way! Why I didn't think of that? :-D Windows normally uses Sylfaen for Georgian letters, normally you can take a look at Georgian fonts on fonts.ge website, just in search criterea choose utf8. I would be grateful if manage to make it work.

P.S. in fact, I can include Georgian letters into the font that you are using.

Thank you very much for the patch! Really good work.

Is there still a chance for future patch-releases, to make metros be able changing direction in the underground-level without the need of making loops? This would be a great improvement.

Last edited:
Are u going to implement... that you can have to depots for 1 line?

Thanks for the patch guys n gals. The Edge Scrolling is a dream, love it. I'm putting up with the micro-stutter to see how it plays, and already its playing much better, good job!

I'm looking forward to further tweaks and fixes, and more importantly some tasty DLC! *cough Terminus DLC*

I still have the problem that passengers won't take the fastest route. So I have a Y-Line like that:

Code:
                        e - f - g
depot = a = b = c = d < 
                        h - i - j
There is a flying junction between d and e/h and a loop after g/j. Every letter means two stations (one for each direction).

Now I have two lines, one (1) from a to g and back and the other one (2) from a to j and back. Each of them serving all stations. Line 1 starts every hour at :00 and Line 2 at :30.

My problem is, that passengers that want to travel on the line where Line 1 and 2 overlap, won't take the next train. So if passengers want to get from d to a, some will wait for line 1 and some for line 2 and won't just get on the next coming train. Even though they go the exact same route. This leads to longer waiting times and obviously lower customer satisfaction.
It would be really great if there would be a fix for that.

Patch NOTE

After the new patch its very hard to see the new colours in the ticket price tab ..blue and light blue ticket prices are unreadable. So many colours in the ticket tab its a bit confusing and hard to read could you bring back the old colours its much more readable and less confusing plz

Last edited:
I should have mentioned the blue number issue, that's my bad, sorry! It will be fixed in the next patch and we have it marked down as a bug. The purpose was to try and make the darker green and lighter green easier to distinguish.

The line markers have not been modified in this patch.

Patch NOTE

After the patch its very hard to see anything in the ticket price tab ..blue and light blue ticket prices are unreadable. So many colours in the ticket tab very confusing and hard to read could you bring back the old colours its much more readable and less confusing plz or at least make it optional the new colours.

There you go, it's on the first page.

Thanks very much for the patch, Karoliina! This will definitely relieve some of the issues. One thing that's still bugging me: I still have an issue with buses not leaving the station for one particular line, and I have no idea why. Has this been recognized as a bug??

Status
Not open for further replies.