• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Try this:

Uninstall the game, delete the game folders; in the registry, delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive\sengoku(the path may be slightly different) and reinstall the game (outside Programfiles, running as admin and with UAC disabled, if you have Vista or 7) Then patch. If you don't want to mess with the registry use Ccleaner to clean up the registry.

So everyone is playing 1.2 except Impulse's customers?? I hate Steam... now i hate Impulse too :|

EDIT:Tried with direct link. Still does not work! Maybe Impulse sold us a different version of the game? :V

Last edited:
Ditto for me on all accounts. I noticed that the Impulse store page for Sengoku lists its current version as 1.0. I've never purchased a Paradox game through Impulse; do they normally patch them through the Impulse client or do they patch through the loader like Sengoku does? I can wait for the patch to go through Impulse if I must, but this is an odd problem.

It seems that Impulse has not used our installers, so we have to wait until they update their GM or make a patch for it.

Just thought id mention same problem of the patch not finding the game as well with Green Man Gaming download.... Their capsule programs not brilliant as well at updating.
Most likely reason the different directory install completely with their Sec Rom DRM.

Apparently, the patch, which was sent by Paradox to Impulse, is still being processed by Impulse. What this basically means is that they're being lazy and are busy with other stuff(Counting the money they made perhaps?) and don't have time to click a few things and hit "Apply patch". Would love to play the game again, but won't til I can update.